Duets

Everyone knew that the musical duet between Hanguang-Jun and the Yiling Patriarch are rare. Everyone knew that their fighting was like a choreographed dance and to anyone who witnessed it, they would never forget it.

But they love music, you're probably thinking, why don't the play often?

Well it's because it was too majestic. No exaggeration but the only people who heard were the Junior trio, partly because Sizhui was with them and partly because they begged on their knees. Yeah, I know, Jin Ling on his knees??! Rare sight but he swallowed his pride and begged. Nobody believed them when they came out of the Jingshi after being kicked out because the couple had to do their 'everyday is everyday' thing which they didn't want to watch.

So on this very fine morning, as if the Jade Emperor knew what was coming and didn't dare mess up the day, Lan QiRen walked into his class and found-

-nobody. The tables were as empty as the island of ghosts but a faint sound of flute and zither came from the direction of the Jingshi. As Lan QiRen walked over, he saw large crowds gathering around two people, making a circle as the two in the center played their song. Similar faces of shock went through their faces while some of them almost fainted. Lan QiRen cleared his throat and the disciples looked at him. They immediately scrambled back into the classrooms and watched, peeking out of the windows.

Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian showed no indication of stopping whatsoever. Lan QiRen didn't stop them either but instead amplified the sound so the whole Gusu Lan Sect could hear it. The music stopped just before lunch time and when the couple turned up for lunch almost everyone was staring mouth open. Wei WuXian obviously couldn't let everyone starve because of his motherly instincts so he waled around table by table putting chopsticks into peoples hands and giving a pat on the head o they stopped their trance.

However, the three basically adopted children was still shocked that their parents played to the whole sect that Wei WuXian sighed and fed them. So much for not being a mother hen.

HI! This is my first MDZS fanfiction so sorry if it sucks. If you have any request just comment or send me a message