Tragedy

So, it's my off day. Date September 23, 2038. My android an RA900 was doing some minor cleaning that needed to be done around the house. It was a gift from my father a few years back. I was sitting with my legs up on the sofa reading Edgar Allen Poe. The news playing in the background.

I hummed in thought looking up at the screen. "You know something Rayna, it seems more and more androids are becoming deviants as the days pass by. Just last month, one of them tried to kill an entire family. I'm not saying its bad that androids are thinking for themselves, far from it. I always argued with my father about the possibility they would gain some form of centiance. I just... wish it didn't have to be like this."

She walked to my side, setting down a glass of water beside me as well as some blue blood for my bio-components. It was about time I drained and replaced it anyway. "I'm sure they're just doing what they have to do, (Y/n)." I sighed giving a small nod as I lay myself across the sofa. This was about to get unpleasant.

I always felt like I was dying when we had to do this. Closing my eyes Rayna took one of my hands as she started to unbutton my shirt. "I know, we as humans always have had a penance for starting wars. It seems...." She hooked up the drain pump effectively cutting my words off, I couldn't breathe.

I could feel the tears starting to fall from my eyes. "I know, but I assure you it's almost done. Just two more minutes." I gripped her hand tighter, my body starting to shake. Once everything was drained, she was quick to set the new bag to enter the components as quickly as possible. "There all done. Just rest for a minute and let everything start up again."

She helped pull me into a more sitting position and held the water to my lips. About five minutes passed before I could breathe easier. "Thank you, Reyna. I'm sorry you have to do this." She just gave me a kind smile. Leaning my head back slightly I realized how tired I was, perhaps it was about time I headed to bed for a bit. "Reyna."

She was cleaning up the supplies we had just finished using. "Yes, (Y/n)?" I looked at the Thirium that sat in the biohazard container. It's slightly off blue color, it just seemed to remind me of what happened that day. "Was there something you needed?"

Shaking my head I tore my gaze away from it. "Uh, yes. After you're done with that can you help me to my room. I think I'd like to get some rest." With a nod she walked away, leaving me to stare at the news playing on the television. No matter how many times I say that this is wrong, there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Looking outside I could see the storm clouds started to gather. "There's a storm coming, the question is who is going to survive?" I wasn't just talking about the actual weather of course. The idea of a storm is not as simple. It can also be a tumultuous reaction to an idea. Something that we cannot understand. Each person with a difference in opinion.

No matter what we choose, someone will always select a different option. In some cases, it can turn into a good discussion... in others... it can start wars. "Are you ready?" Rayna asked stopping my thoughts.

Turning back to her I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah. Thanks, Rayna." She helped me into my room, helped me into a different set of clothes. "Rayna... Is this something you want to do? Being here with me in this small home?" She paused as she was about to help me lay back on the bed.

She looked... thoughtful. "Yes. You are nice and understanding. There are a lot of people out there who aren't. That much is obvious. Plus.. you need me." She gave me a soft smile before pulling the covers over my body. I gave her a small nod before letting my eyes drift closed. I had work to do tomorrow. Hank's gotta have somebody there to kick his drunk ass.

In the morning, like always I started getting out of bed and into my work clothes. Picking out a blue shirt with a light jacket, and some jeans I walked into the bathroom. Letting the water run over my hair and body before washing myself. I was done in five minutes. Making sure to dry my hair with a towel before putting my clothes on.