I

I.
"I put a post-it note on my mirror  So I might love myself" 

The soft melody of Jamilla Woods played in the background of the small apartment complex. Aida Summers sat at the very edge of her queen sized bed with a plastic bag and a wide tooth comb. It was now time for her once fresh box braids to be taken out , truth be told it was long overdue, but due to her being lazy she waited till last minute as she always did.

"Maaaa!" She projected from her small room.

After a moment of her not responding she decided to jumped out of bed and exit the room.

She walked slowly around the hallway , turning the corner at her mom's "office room " , which use to be the old laundry room, the door was wide open revealing Ms. Summers on her office phone.

"Yes Mr

"Yes Mr. Dean, I'll gladly get those papers to you tomorrow morning ." She plastered on a fake smile, while speaking in her "white" voice . Aida laughed lowly at her mom's tone .

She know she don't talk like that. she found herself thinking in her head.

which was true , her mom had everyone at the office fooled, she could be sweet and joyful but as soon as you reached her bad side she's a whole new person.

Ms. Summers covered her mouth attempting not to laugh, as she shooed her daughter away from the door. The two had a very playful relationship, Aida went to her mother for everything .

"Okay Mr. Dean, and you have a wonderful afternoon buh-bye." She rolled her eyes before hang up the phone.

"That man gets on my damn nerves." She scoffed.

"Momma , leave Mr.Dean alone ." Aida chuckled sitting down in the chair in front of the desk.

"He got some nerve calling me on my damn off day talking bout some damn papers . I can't wait till I get my own business." Her mom continued to rant .

This was her from Sarah to Tasha really quick. Aida loved that about her, she always admired how hardworking and outspoken her mother was. Slightly wishing she had more of her mother's confidence.

Tasha Summers, works at one of the biggest law firms in the state, Dean&Johnson Co ,as a personal assistant for the last five years , her dream was to one day have a firm of her own .

"You wanna help me take this hair down ?" Aida questioned innocently .

"Then look at you being lazy, what you gonna do without me once you go to college?" She questioned with a small smirk on her face.

"Simple, I'm taking you to college with me." She said as they shared a small laugh. It was moments like this that she would miss, but no matter what she was her mother's keeper.