Chapter Two || A Story to Tell

Recap:
Mebuki's P.O.V.

I jolt awake when I heard a scream from upstairs. I shoved my husband off the bed and ran to my precious daughter's room. Why did she scream? Is she alright? Did somebody break into our house?! Did she have a nightmare? Oh, my poor sweet angel... I opened the door and sat on her bed. She was crying, my little angel... Wait... What on earth?? How- Wait...

Is that...

Is she crying...

.

.

.

.

.

BLOOD?!!!

And...

She has the?!

Sakura's P.O.V.
My mom barged in my room and sat on my bed. I guess she heard me scream... I felt my dad's presence by the door. "Sakura sweetie, are you okay?? Did you have a nightmare?" asked my mom. I heard how her voice trembled. Great. Now she thinks I'm a monster for crying blood. I opened my eyes and I heard my parents gasp.

Mebuki's P.O.V.
"Honey???" I said.
"Yes, dear,"
"Does she have—"
"... yes, she does,"
"What should we do?"
"I... I have no idea..."
"She has the—-"
"Yes, dear. She has it,"

Sakura's P.O.V.
I have no idea what they're talking about. Why am I crying blood? What do I have? They were busy mumbling to theirselves so I took that as an opportunity to sneak in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I have...

.
.
.

— WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!

The bathroom door suddenly opened and there stood my parents. "Sa-chan, let's go down and have a midnight snack, yes?" my mom asked. "Ok," I mumbled. I've no idea on what's going on with me... did this have something to do with my dream?

~Timeskip~

Mebuki's P.O.V.
I prepared the snacks and set the table. We sat down and we ate silently. "Sa-chan..." I started. "Yes, okaa-san?"
"We will be visiting your grandfather later,"
"Grandpa? Doesn't he live in Sunagakure?"
"Yes... we will be travelling there later in the morning. We will be accompanied by a team of Chunnins,"
"We will be accompanied by ninjas?! Yay!!! This is so exciting!"
I couldn't help but smile at my daughter's innocence.
It soon turned into a small frown.
"My dearest daughter, it is alright to feel excited about being accompanied by ninjas. It is also alright to follow that path HOWEVER, are you sure you want pursue that? The life of a shinobi is not as cool as you think... You will have to kill people, or sometimes your teamate if he or she abandons the village,"
Sakura stopped chewing her rice ball and thought for a moment. "Oka-san, it's okay. You don't have to be worried about me. I understand the downside of becoming a kunoichi... but I still want to become a ninja! I want to protect you and Tou-san!" she exclaimed with determination showing in her eyes.
"But kaa-san, what's wrong with my eyes?"
My husband and I looked at each other. And he nodded at me.
"Sakura," I said. "That is the purpose of our visit to your grandfather. He will explain your kekkai genkai. You inherited it from my side,"
"So... we're not a civilian family?"
"Well, we technically are since I moved here as a civilian but your father was a jounin. I came from Sunagakure... I was part of the Suzuki clan,"
"The Suzuki clan? Like the Suzuki clan?!"
"Yes,"

Third P.O.V.
Sakura was very surprised with her mother's words. Her mother was a descendant of the Suzuki clan? And she is also a descendant being her mother's daughter??? Is this another dream? "I came from the main family," continued Mebuki. "I am the eldest daughter of the current clan head, Suzuki Takehiko,"
Sakura was yet again surprised. "Kaa-chan, if you're the eldest daughter of the clan head, then you are supposed to be a princess, right? Why are we here in Konoha as a civilian family?" Mebuki was amused at her sweet daughter's curiosity. "Well you see, about 15 years ago before, I was accompanied by your father during my travels to Konoha from Suna. I was supposed to marry Uchiha Fugaku-"
"Fugaku-sama?!! The father of Sasuke?"
Mebuki did not miss the way Sakura said Sasuke without a -kun. She shrugged it off anyway. "Yes. Hiruzen-sama ordered your father to show me around the village. He was very talkative, idiotic but he was patient and very kind. I guess that's how I fell for him. I met up with Fugaku and told him that I will have to decline the arranged marriage. He looked totally fine with it, probably because they were into marrying the women from their clan... your grandfather was furious about it but soom gave in as our love was stronger than his dissapointment. Then we got married and I moved here as a civilian so that I can focus all of my time in raising my little bundle of joy!"

Sakura's P.O.V.
"Woah, mom that was epic!"
"Alright, I'll clean these up and let's go back to sleep! You will stay in our bedroom for now so that the nightmares won't bother you again. Now shoo! I've got things to do," she said.
"YOSH! Let's go upstairs my little Sa-ku-chaaaan!" exclaimed my dad as he grabbed my arms, threw me up and catched me. We ran upstairs and he tucked me in. After a while mom went upstairs and read me a bedtime story. We all had a good night's rest so that we can have energy for our trip tomorrow...

——

aND...
HEY GUYS!
So this chapter is kind of longer than the last one! 😋😋 So far, there's 936 plus words and I am so proud. If you guys noticed I had a Frozen 2 reference. Hahaha yeah, cool right?! 🤪🤪🤪

Anyway, I hoped you enjoy reading my book! Wait for the next chapter to see what will happen during their trip!