Nightmare

ASUNA'S P.O.V

My eyes flutter open, and I take in the world of the new and improved SAO. After everything that happened last year, I had finally been able to move on with my life, and all of my friends have helped me so much. After the World Seed took effect and SAO was recreated, me and Kirito bought our house on floor 22 again. That's where I woke up, well, where we woke up. I raise my head off Kirito's chest, smiling softly at his face. His chest rose evenly, and his mouth was slightly forming an O. I brush some of the hair out of his face, careful not to disturb him. I look over at the other bed, where our "daughter" Yui slept peacefully. I can't help but notice how Kirito's arm is looped around me protectively, and it makes me feel secure. It's still dark outside, so I lay my head comfortably back on Kirito's chest, his heartbeat lulling me to sleep almost instantly.

KIRITO'S P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of Yui's yell. My eyes shoot open, and I look to my left, to see her shaking Asuna violently. "Mommy! Wake up Mommy!" She screams, artificial tears streaking down her face. I notice Asuna has a large clump of my shirt gripped tightly in her fist. My sleeve is completely wet with a mix of Asuna's sweat and tears. She's laying on my arm, so I'm not in the best position to move, not even counting her death grip on my shirt. I take my left hand, also shaking Asuna on her shoulder. "Mommy!" Yui sobs, she hates seeing Asuna during a night fit. I take my left hand manage to pry her grip off of me, so I can sit up. "Daddy! Wake Mommy up!" Yui yells at me. I shake my head, biting my bottom lip. "You can't wake her up Yui,she has to wake up on her own." I tell my "daughter" as her tears dry up. Yui takes her hands off Asuna, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. I pick up a whimpering and shivering Asuna, cradling her close to me. Dawn is just breaking, as I can tell through our sheer curtains. Asuna jerks awake with a loud yelp, her tears not slowing. She leans into my chest, looping her arms around me, letting out a muffled sob. Yui looks at her sadly, while I stroke her hair, shushing her softly.

ASUNA'S P.O.V

I jerk awake from the horrible nightmare I just ensued. It's always the same dream, all revolving around death and Sugo. I can't stop the tears streaming out of my eyes at an even pace. I lean into Kirito, whilst he strokes my hair, cradling and shushing me. I hear a small sniffle, most likely belonging to Yui. "It was just a bad dream Honey. It's over now, we're here." Kirito comforts me. I told him about my dream before, where everyone is murdered in front of me. Just the thought of the dream makes me shiver in fear. Me and Kirito have both refused to talk to Yui about it. Even though she's an AI, I don't want to scare her. I manage to calm myself, and I take a few deep breaths like Kirito told me to do. I pull away from him, patting his shirt where I soaked it with tears. "S-Sorry." I say, and Kirito shakes his head, kissing me on the forehead. Yui throws herself at me, and since she does it so often, I catch her in a cradling position without even breaking my gaze from Kirito. Yui looks up at me, placing her hand on my cheek, causing me to look down at her. "Mommy?" She says in her sweet, trill voice. I look down, lean in, then give her a small kiss on her nose, making her scrunch it up adorably. Yui yawns, suggling deeper in my embrace, until her eyes flutter shut. I shift my body, so my back is facing Kirito. I lean back, my head landing on his shoulder, and he instinctively wraps his arms around me. "Isn't she adorable?" I mention, and Kirito smiles and nods. His cheek is placed on the side of my head, and I smile to myself at his warmth. I wriggle, making Kirito understand I want to be let go. I scoot off the bed, Yui still in my arms. I lower her onto her bed, then kiss her nose again. I walk back over to the bed I share with Kirito. I get on my knees in front of him, and throw my arms around him, my chin resting in his bony shoulder. he pulls me tight, his chin taking a break on my shoulder as well. "Thank you Kirito." I whisper, hugging me closer is his response. "I'll always be here for you." He whispers back. I break away, placing my lips on his soft ones, taking him aback. We both soon relax into our kiss, and I move my arms up to brace around his neck. His hands also move, as he links his fingers, both of his palms on my lower back. Our lips move in sync gently, as I lower us down onto the pillows. I kiss him with passion, and he immediately returns the same amount. I sigh against lips, pulling away. I bite my lip, resting beside him, his arms snaking around my hips. "I love you." I mumble, half asleep. His breathing is evening out, letting me know he's about to fall asleep as well. "I love you too Asuna, get some rest for me, okay?" He soothes, and I nod, snuggling into his chest.

Hey minna! Sorry this was so short! The ones in the future will definately be longer, I just never had written anything on Kirito and Asuna so I'm a little nervous to see how this goes! Stay awesome and have a Majestical day :P