chapter 1

I was standing in front of my locker putting my History book away. Seriously I feel like the teachers pick the heaviest books just to torture us. After adjusting my black beanie on my hair using the mirror inside my locker, I shut the locker door, putting my bag over my shoulder. It looks like an over size purse but I use it as my book bag. I was making my way through the crowded hallway when I heard a squeal and arms wrap around me in a side hug.

"Lilypad!!" Emily, my bestfriend yelled as she held on to me.

Smiling I whispered, "Em, people are starring".

"Who cares" she said shaking her head at me.

Rolling my eyes at her, of course she doesn't care she's carefree and confident, the one thing I lack.

"C'mon I'm starving" I said pulling her towards the cafeteria as we talked about the fall formal that's coming up in a few weeks.

"So I think we need to start thinking about what we want to wear and go shopping before all the good dresses are taken" Em said as she held the door to the cafeteria open.

"Yeah I think I want to wear a long dress since this year it's going to be in an actual hall than our smelly gym." I said.

Last month we held a bake sale and it went really well, I dont know why though, I think the student council put something "special" inside them because even myself I ate like 5 cupcakes and 3 brownies.

"I know it's going to be so-" Em paused as she looked behind me with mixed emotions. I saw pain, anger and disappointment

I tried to turn around to see what she was looking at but she grabbed my shoulders to stop me.

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"Be strong okay" she whispered as she let go of me so that I can turn around.

As I turned around my eyes land on Jason, my boyfriend of 6 months sitting at his usual popular table, nothing out of the ordinary there but what I see breaks my heart into tiny little pieces. On Jason's lap sits Marylin, the head cheerleader, as he creases her strawberry red hair and smiles at her like they're the only two people in the room.

Lost for words, I completely stood there as I gathered what I wanted to do next. I could feel my eyes water up and I quickly wiped them away. There was an emptiness in my stomach, as if the butterflies that were always there when Jason and I were together were slowing dying.

Anger raged through me and I stomped over to their table preparing myself of what I was going to say. As I stood there glaring at them, they finally acknowledged my presence, when Josh one of the jocks sitting next to them, nugged Jason's shoulder. His adorable smile that I loved so much suddenly faded into a scared jaw dropping. Speechless he sat there staring at me.

"What the fuck Jason!" I yelled as everyone in the lunchroom suddenly went slient and looked over to the scene that was unfolding in front of me.

Marylin just smirked and said "Aww you thought your relationship was real, that is so cute!". She laughed and placed her hand on Jasons chest.

As I looked between Jason and Marylin, I could feel my eyes watering up again.

"Pay up Seth" Jason said as he held out his hand and leaned across the table to grab the $200 Seth was handing over.

As he held the two bills up to light to make sure they were real, he smirked and turned towards me and said "You see Lilian, Seth thought I couldn't last with a girl for more than six months and not just any girl but he bet I couldn't make you fall in love me and as I recall you said you loved me back last weekend and seeing the way you reacted right now proved it".