3 4 | R e a l l i f e

MAHLIE WAS CONFUSED, BUT IF she knew one thing, it was that she loved Hart Denton. Every atom in her body knew he was bad for her, but she couldn't help it. She craved him and his lingering kisses- scratch that she needs it.

He meant the world to her, but she didn't mean the same to him.

A knock drags Mahlie out of her thoughts. She stares at the door in confusion, she didn't invite anyone over. She looks through the peep hole, to see the boy who haunted her thoughts regularly. He looked just as handsome and just as tempting.

His face brightens as she opens the door. "What do you want, Hart?" His name feels bitter against her lips, making her chest tinge. Hart steps closer to her and at this moment only a few inches were in between them.

"You, Mahlie, I want you." God, did she miss his voice. It was by far her favorite sound in the entire world. She breaks eye contact with him, feeling her eyes burn. She remembers the pain associated with those words, could she put herself through that again?

"Hart, I thought I made myself clear, we're over," She states, faking the confidence that thundered through her voice. His smile dropped and he nodded slowly.

"I just thought-"

"You thought what Hart? You could just show up here and everything would be alright?"

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing Hart. Don't you see how much it hurts to be near you right now? All I want to do is kiss and hold you forever, but I can't go through that again," She begins, not even noticing the tears strolling down her bronze cheeks. "I'm always going to want you back, but it's never going to work."

She doesn't let him say anything, closing the door shut with a bang. That night she cried herself an ocean, but she was free. He was like the sun, so enticing and beautiful, but in the end would only leave her with a sunburn.
______

and my second book is completed. i hope you liked it and i'm so sorry it took so long for me to come back and finish it.

i love you guys

-ki