One Card;

Pick up a card. Do it.

The woman stared patiently as I thought hard and hefty about which card would be best to choose.

I tried to think of any tricks the lady could've been using on me, but I couldn't think of any.

She simply shuffled the cards and placed them on the wooden table.

I took a deep breath, lifting up my hand and moving it towards the left one. Superstition says, "If you're left-handed, always pick what's on your left. Don't go about searching for the unfamiliar."

Sliding my hand over the smooth surface, I hastily picked up the harrowing card and turned it.

THE TOWER

Horrified, I felt my eyes go wide and my face go pale. I tilted my head up to look at the lady who'd been staring at me blank-faced the whole time.

She then proceeded to turn all cards.

Unfortunately for me and for her, they all displayed the same picture and the same fate. If I hadn't known any better, I would have thought that, that was normal.

However, at first, I knew that when she shuffled the cards, they were all different pictures with different names. There was no way in hell she could've switched those with another deck of tarots- not when me and my best friend, Charlie, were watching her the whole time, not batting an eye.

This time, the woman looked up, shocked. She retreated from her seat and stepped back as much as she could before slamming into the wall behind her.

"You, witch! Get out of here. Get out! What have you done?!" She shouted, her words almost incoherable, because of her heavy accent. She muttered curses in a foreign language and spat in my face.

Wiping the germ-holding liquid off of my face, I sat up from my seat and advanced towards the strangely huge door, grabbing Charlie by the arm.

What have I done?

Fuck. If only I had listened to my mom when she'd told me not to mess around with cards- especially if you had no idea what you were dealing with.

~~~~~

A/N (authors note)

The tower card:

Yes it is bad. It is very very bad.

Meanings and symbolisms:

•The Tower is commonly associated with danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation as well as sudden unforseen change.

•Unexpected change, Renovation, Catastrophe, Destruction

•Obstacles, Volatile situation, Losses, Illness