5: New Life?

—————— ————— ⤪——————————————— ——— 

Obeying the rules for once, Steph and I ended up going back into the city of Trost with the scouts. I disarmed everything and returned the stolen ODM back as well as my parent's research documents. 

Steph sat next to me in the carriage while the commander leads us and the scouts back. 

Tch. What a joke...

I started chewing on my bottom lip from irritation. Steph caught a glimpse of it and slapped the back of my head with a frown on her face.

"Hey!"

She smiled nervously, "Relax... You're going to make it bleed... This can't be that bad," she whispered.

Yeah, it can't be that bad. We don't even know what's going to happen to us. On top of that, we're being taken in by the scout regiments. Not even the MP. At this point, I would much rather be taken into the MP than be with the scouts and get thrown into hell. Oh wait... we've been in hell since... never mind.

"I noticed your ankle earlier," Erwin said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder, seeing him pace with the carriage on his horse.

I glared at him, "What's it to you?"

He looked at me with a blank face before shifting his attention forward, "I find it interesting how at a young age you managed outstanding workmanship with the few materials,"

I gazed down at my ankle, staring at the creation I made just a few hours ago. It's just wrapped up like any bandage, using the rope we had for an emergency as splints on each side to avoid unnecessary discomfort.

"We should be back soon," he said, picking up his speed to match the Commander at the front.

Steph patted me on the shoulder, "He seems okay..."

I rolled my eyes, mumbling, "Sure, at least for now. Isn't that right, Eyebrows?"

Steph held in her laugh, "E-Eyebrows?!"

——— ——— ———

Dawn broke and it was now early morning. We went through the first gate and then past the second gate, and then to Stohess where the Scout's quarters was at.

Steph held onto my hand, tight, as her nerves started to kick in. I glanced over to her and squeezed her hand catching her attention.

"Sorry..." She whispered.

I shook my head, "Don't worry,"

We made our way towards the survey corps ground, where the Commander went ahead with his usually stoic face. The carriage came to a stop in front of a large building.

Steph looked around in awe, "Wow..."

Erwin makes his way towards the cart, unlocking the back gates. He stared at me with no emotions, yet again, offering his hand to me, "We're at our living space headquarters. And since you're still injured, let me help you,"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine,"

"Are you now?"

I nodded, getting up. At first, it was fine until an unbearable sharp pain rose taking a step forward. It shot up my ankle and to my leg, causing me to lose my balance. I fell back on the bench, hissing in pain.