Chapter 1

13 years later,

"Kayla!!" I hear my name, I run down the stairs. I see my parents and they look like they have news. "Whats wrong?" , they smile heavily. Okay this is getting weird. "Were moving to California". I am excited because I have been here in Colorado for like all my life. "When do we go?" ," Saturday". I have to hurry and pack. Saturday really? I have to call all my friends, I have to start my adult stage in Cali. Wow, I thought I would be here in Littleton all my life. But, I guess not. Let me call my bestfriend.  Soon as i call she picks up fast. 

"Hello?"

"Katylyn come over, we need to talk"

" Is everything okay?"

"Just come over"

"Okay"

Just like that, I hear a knock on my bedroom door. She burst through the door and sit her peppy self on my bed. I love Katyln so much she has been there for me through whatever, after the people that shall not be named left, she has truly been a best friend and I dont want to leave her.

"So, whats wrong?"

" Well, first did you know I love you and that you are truly my bestfriend."

"Kayla, just get to the point"

"Okay, well Im -I'm moving to ... "

"Where are you moving to Kayla, spill it"

"Im moving to California"

"What", she asks in disbelief. The tears start to run down her face. Oh no.

"What do you mean, you moving away, after all our dreams we planned out."

"It was not my idea, it was my parents." "I dont even know why we are moving?"

She is silent. She is not looking at me. 

"Katlyn?"

"what?"

"You know I didnt know about this, til this morning and thats why you were the first person I told"

Thats when the best idea came to my head. 

"I mean we start college soon, you can come with us" 

"Kayla, I dont know"

"Why wouldnt you, we are seniors about to graduate in like a month".

"I get your point and we have amazing grades."

"Exactly, so what do you say?"

She pulls out her phone and calls her mom and dad.

"Well, get ready because were going to California" 

"Yes!!!"

Yes, me and Katlyn are living the dream in California