Barista Bunny

Lui Calibre x Brother!Ohm (before the drama)

^ Photo above as Jordyn ^

SV - squeaker voice

Hi, I'm Jordyn. I'm 25 and go by he/him pronouns. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm perfect; rich parents, fairly attractive, popular brother. In reality, though, my parents are never around and I don't care about looks. Not only that but I'm confined to a wheelchair; born paralysed from the waste down. My brother is my best friend and we live together, the two of us, in San Diego. My brother is YouTube's very own squeaker - Lui Calibre, and me? I'm a YouTuber, one who doesn't show their face. I guess I can trust you... Can you keep a secret? Would you believe me if I said Ohmwrecker isn't 35 and isn't actually called Ryan? I mean, the name isn't a total lie.

Jordyn Ryan Calibre.

Yeah, and he's actually only 25. If the age or name doesn't give it away to you, I'm sure my voice will. Bet you'd have never thought the one and only Ohmwrecker was handicapped. Anyway, I'll stop with the sarcasm and stop saying bad things about myself and get on with the story. I mean, that's the reason you're here, right?

* * *
I watched people enter and leave the café as I waited for my next customer. My main job was YouTube but I had a side job as a baker/batista. Today it was my turn to take orders and I was booored. When I was baking or making drinks, at least I could experiment with stuff; the owner loved it when we were creative. I looked up as I heard the bell, signalling someone had entered. I rolled my eyes as I saw my brother; his voice was loud enough for me to hear he was doing his sqeaker voice.
"(SV) Oh my gosh guys this café looks so weird. I bet dodgy people hang here."
His smirk didn't go unnoticed by me and I could tell he knew I was listening. Him and his, well, our friends approached the counter and I felt uncomfortable knowing they'd have to look down at me because I was sat in my wheelchair. Lui obviously sensed this discomfort and teased me with his squeaker voice.
"(SV) I don't like that guy... he's creepy looking."
"Oh yeah? Well I'm in a wheelchair and I'm still taller than you."
"Oh you little..."
"So, what can I get you guys?"
I cut off my brother, earning laughs from the rest of the YouTubers. I took his friends' orders and told them they could go sit down while they wait. I swore I heard Luke (who I definitely didn't know) say I sounded familiar. I put the orders through and finished my shift. I wheeled myself from behind the counter and asked Liam, the guy taking over my shift, if I could get a drink. I ordered a hot chocolate and sat at my usual table.
A few minutes after I get my drink, I here footsteps approach the table. I look to see my bro.
"Hey J. You okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine... why aren't you with your friends?"
"I'm not with our friends because I wanted to check on my baby bro. Did you get mom's text?"
"The one that says they'll be gone longer? Oh, yeah, I got it. I've been getting it most of my life."
He gives me a sympathetic smile before getting up and pushing my wheelchair away from my table.
I pouted as I knew it was out of my hands. He pushed me to his table and put me in between him and Craig.
"Jordyn, meet my friends."
He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.
"Cool. Hi Lui's friends. Can I go now?"
I didn't want them to know me. The more they know me, the more upset they'll be when they find out I lied to them. Well, if they found out. Lui glared at me and I put my hands up in surrender. He saw I wasn't going to say anything so took it upon himself to tell them about me.
"This is Jordyn Ryan Calibre, or J for short. He is my little brother. He loves gaming, watches youtube and," he smirked at me and I knew what he was doing, "he's actually a youtuber." I muttered 'you're dead' and tried to wheel away but it was no use as I felt my chair be pulled back. I glared daggers at my brother, daring him to go on and see what happens. He smirked but left it there.

* * *
As much as I was dreading it, I actually liked talking to the crew. They didn't question my channel and we just talked about gaming until we had to leave. 3 months later and we became really great friends (not that we already weren't). Life, for once, was going quite well. That was until one certain Sunday. It was easter and I had an uneasy feeling. I was at the counter again. I watched my friends and brother enter the café and my brother smirked. He hadn't done that since I first met the crew for real and I was honestly scared.
"(SV) Hey! It's the easter bunny! Does that mean it's Christmas?"
Luke, Jon, Craig and Bryce understood immediately whereas the others needed a minute to catch on. I couldn't do it anymore. I broke down.
They knew who I was.
They knew I was handicapped.
They knew I lied...
They rushed behind the counter to comfort me and Lui hugged me, apologising. I wiped my eyes and sniffled before looking at my brother. I hugged him tight.
"Thanks Lui. If you didn't do that, I would've been lying to them forever."
That day, my gaming buddies became my brothers and I am so grateful for the brothers - real and not - that I was given. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm perfect; rich parents, fairly attractive, popular brother. In reality, though, my parents are never around and I don't care about looks. Not only that but I'm confined to a wheelchair; born paralysed from the waste down. My brother is my best friend and we live together, the two of us, in San Diego. My brother is YouTube's very own squeaker - Lui Calibre, and me? I'm a youtuber; a youtuber that couldn't ask for a better brother or better friends.