the second task

(Amber)

This was the worst. If the children see my other form i was screwed.
And i was worried about the merfolk in the lake also.

They haven't probably seen one of my kind. My kind are usually found in oceans and seas. Not lakes or rivers.

Severus held my hand and put a piece of of hair behind my ear.
"Dont worry Amber. I'll be here for you," he whispered.
"I know Sev," i smile and kiss his cheek.

Only if he knew what i was. If he knew my darkest secrets. And i was afraid to say i love you to him.

(Timeskip)

I jumped into the lake and shifted into my siren form.

I swam around looking for the person i needed to save

I swam around looking for the person i needed to save. I saw Mr. Diggory save a girl. Merfolk surrounded Harry potter, Ron, a blond young girl and Sev. I had to save them no matter the risk.

I swim into through them and hissed at the merfolk. They looked surprised and swam back a little. Harry smiled at me and grabbed ron and the blond girl and swam up.

But as i untied Severus a male siren launched at me with spear at ready.

The spear sliced my side and i screeched.
'Male sirens haven't been seen in 200 years'

I clawed his shoulder, desperate to save my mate. All the merfolk looked at me with worry.

He put the handle of the spear to my neck, trying to choke me. I struggled and watched Sev start to gag. My eyes widen then dug my claws into the males tail. He backs off and i snatch Severus and just before we broke the surface i shifted human.

We both gasped for air. His eyes popped open and i laughed in relief.

"Fhew... I thought i lost you," i said as i dragged us to shore. Professors ran down and one quickly gave him a towel. But their eyes widen at me.

I look down and saw the spear tip sticking out of my side. I look at Severus with fear.

"Severus," i gasped out and everything went black.