Epilogue

Adonis's POV
•••
I make sure to wake up at least an hour before Ky. I check my phone to see if everything was in order for what I was going to do. I put the paint in a storage closet and the lights got here last night so they were also in the closet. All I need to do is go out and pick up the new sheets for the bed.

I put my phone down when I notice Ky starting to shift. She lets out a small sigh and stretches, slowly opening her eyes. She lets out a little puff of air and sits up, smiling at me. I smile in return and tell her what we we're going to do today.

"Get out."

Ky looks at me with wide eyes and I look at her blankly. Ky huffs and gets out of the bed, mumbling to herself. When I hear the water running, I pick up Ky's phone and call Emera.

"Why?" She asks when she answers and I chuckle.

"I need you to keep Ky busy all day," I tell her and I hear her groan.

"It's so early, Adonis. Why do we need to start so early?" Emera complains and I roll my eyes.

"It's ten in the morning and I need to paint her walls and set everything up. It takes time and I can't do it if she's here."

Emera groans but doesn't disagree. "I'll be there in five."

I hang up and put Ky's phone down before picking up my own and texting my friends and Ky's brother.

They all agree to help me out and at the same time Ky walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her, Emera walks in wearing black spandex shorts and a red tank top. I look back at Ky and tilt my head. Emera has bigger breasts than Ky, but they just aren't appealing to me. Ky's body is perfect in every way and is the only thing I want.

"We are going to be busy today!" Emera exclaims, walking over to Ky and giving her and outfit similar to hers.

Ky looks at her weirdly but takes the clothes. She goes into the bathroom and Emera turns around and glares at me.

"Too fucking early," she hisses and I shrug.

Ky walks out of the bathroom and looks between Emera and I with a suspicious gaze. I don't think she believes I'm cheating, I think she believes I'm trying to do something and Emera is a distraction. She's right.

"Get out," I tell her again and she glares at me.

"Well, today we are going to clean our wings," Emera says, trying to break the tension. "I'll be getting something for us to eat."

Emera leave the room and Ky takes a seat on the bed. We stare at each other for a minute before my phone buzzes. Ky glances at it but I flip it over without looking at it. Her eyebrows furrow and she glares even harder. 

"Are you cheating on me?" She asks and my eyebrows raise.

"Why would I?" I ask and she snarls at me. My eyes narrow and I sit up straighter. 

After another moment of silence Ky gets off the bed and scoffs. "Should have fucking known. Fucking idiot. Freshman barely know anything."

I stand up and follow Ky to the other side of the room, not saying a word. I was confused. Why would she say freshman barely know anything? She isn't a freshman.

I watch her stare off into space and the memory resurfaces.

Ky and I were walking to her old lunch spot after talking with the group of boys. Her ex-best friend, Laviana, was looking at Ky with confusion and something like envy on her face.

When we settled into place, I looked around questioning why my Queen would be eating lunch standing up.

Well, now she eats lunch in the ground but I guess a floor with friends is better than standing with a Hunter's snitch.