Chapter 2

Sunday 30th of August - Los Angeles, California, USA

"Do you think this dress is great or this one?" Jess was holding two different dresses in the front of Anna; a green one, that was long, which Jess normally wore during a beach party and a short white one with coloured flowers. 

"I should wear the left one," Anna said, pointing to one with flowers. 

"Are you sure? Isn't this one more for hipsters?" 

"Are you sure, you aren't a hipster?" Anna said laughing. 

Jess frowned. "Thank you,"  she said. 

Emily ran into the room. "Girls!" she shouted. "The timetables are online!"

The announcement for the timetables for everybody were the most exciting moment of the year for the students of Venice High. Whole groups were separated through the timetables and new ones were founded. 

Because the school was very modern the timetables were always released on the internet. Students had to look up at the classes they have. 

A few moments later the threesome sat on Jess' bed, with her laptop in the front of them. 

"So... here we go!" Jess pressed the button on the screen with her mouse, to a page with showed her timetable. 

"English literature, Dancing, Spanish, 1st lunch break, Maths,  Art Class,  American History, PE," Emily read. 

"Not that bad teachers," Jess said. "Only Mr. Fernandez is a bit scary, but who do you otherwise think of a Spanish teacher?" 

"Having PE in the last period must be very tiresome..." Anna said. 

"But when they are lots of nice looking boys during that period," Jess said raising one of her eyebrows. 

Anna and Emily laughed

"It's Anna's turn now," Emily said. 

They turned to Anna's timetable: English literature (together with Jess), Maths, French, Geography, 2nd lunch break, Art class (also together with Jess), World history, Music.

"Shit, we got a different lunch break," Jess said frowning. Never ever had the girls missed a lunch break with each other, but this year things were getting different. And this was only the start...

"But the big question is: who's alone in the lunch break?" Anna said. 

"Clever..." Jess mumbled. 

"Sure, but that means it my time to see which classes I have. " Emily said excited. 

In a few seconds Emily timetable was shown on Jess' laptop. She had Economics, English Literature, Dancing, Spanish (the last two together with Jess), Psychology, 2nd lunch break, American history, Maths, Chemistry. 

"What the f?" Emily grumbled. "I don't have a single lesson with Anna! And Jess isn't in our lunch break! Can't we change something anymore?"

"Don't think so..." Anna said softly. 

"Then I need your help for sure!" Jess cried. "The green one or the other one?"

Emily looked. "The flower one is so hipster..."