Friends | VII

"W-what?" Jennie couldn't believe what she just heard. "The fuck did you just say?"

"I terminated my contract with YG." Jisoo repeats.

"Y-you're leaving?" Looking at Jisoo, she waits for her to the reply to her question. "Jisoo I'm asking you!" Her patience wasn't at its best today. "What do you mean you're leaving? What do you mean you terminated your contract with YG? I thought... I thought you were willing to wait?"

"I thought the same thing too." Jisoo says in her soft voice. "I'm sorry."

"Bullshit." Jennie hisses. "That's just bullshit, this is a joke... It's SM isn't it?" Jennie asks while trying her best to sort out her feelings. "SM forced you to leave YG right?"

"It's not them."

"Then why isn't there any announcement?! Ae unnie would've told us!"

"Jendeuk wait-"

"I knew it!" She says as she paces back and forth. "That sly company... No wonder I didn't even have the liking to try and audition there."

"You're not in the trainee group anymore." She responds. "Look I know this is hard but-"

"You think this is hard?" She emphasizes her question. "Are you fucking stupid? Or did you just happen to forget the fact that you left me in the dark?"

"I am not leaving you in the dark, you're one of the people I felt that I had to talk with first."

"For fuck's sake Jisoo I'm your best friend! I'm supposed to know about these things before you actually act on these things!"

"Listen,-"

"Jisoo, you don't have to do this okay? I'll... I'll figure something out. I'm gonna call mom and ask her if maybe she can pull a few some strings or maybe even dad, I'm sure he'd offer some help knowing it's you who's on the line."

"You don't have to do that."

"What do you mean I don't have to do anything? Jisoo, they're forcing you to leave YG and you expect me to let them have their way with you? Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Language Kim."

"And you have the time to reprimand me? Jisoo, they're taking you away from me! I can't let that happen!"

"They're not taking me away from you Jen." Jisoo rebuts. "I'm leaving YG on my own accord."

"W-what?" Jennie felt like Jisoo's told her a blurred sentence. "What did you say?"

"I left YG-"

"And why would you do that?"

"Come on Jen, anyone in my position would do that."

"I don't know Jisoo, did you see me leave when I got cut back several times? Did you see Moon Sua, a trainee that's been here since diapers worrying about her future in the company? Have you seen Hannah stopped trying after being doubted by a lot of people?" Jennie started her reasons. "Just because you have it hard now doesn't give you a reason to quit. Just because you've been here for long without any break doesn't mean they don't have a direction and just because you're doubting yourself doesn't mean you need seek for other people or in your case, other company for some validation of your talent!" She scolds. "Or was everything you had in here is too easy for you to throw away?"

Jisoo widens her eyes. "Of course not Jen you know that! I don't want to leave this company if I had, I would've accepted their offer from the very beginning!"