FRIENDS | XI

There are moments in a person's life where everything just slowed down.

Whether it was getting the biggest news in their lives, a promotion or seconds away from being death, everything just- freeze.

You don't hear anything, like somehow everything is just one big blur and all the other sounds are muffled. Suddenly you have this weight forcefully placed on your chest, constricting your ribcage and making it hard for you to breathe. Cold sweat starts to form and drip away from your forehead, then you start to uncontrollably shake. It's probably one of the most painful things a human could experience.

And this- this was Jisoo's moment to go through it.

"W-what?" Jisoo croaks, trying to remember what Miss Choi just said.

Miss Choi shakes her head. "Jisoo, I don't think I shouldn't repeat it." She sighs. "But yes, Jennie asked her parents to do you a favor."

"No... no." The rising-star immediately shakes her head. "Jen- she wouldn't-"

"I know I shouldn't have told you this."

"Jennie would never-"

"I will never lie to you Jisoo."

"Jennie will never lie to me too." She says through a whisper. "She- she promised that she would tell everything to me. The good and the bad..."

"Look, I know it's hard to believe as of now and I wish I could tell you that everything is okay." She approaches the latter and held both of her shoulders but Jisoo immediately removes herself away from her hold.

"Y-y-you don't understand... Jennie- Jennie would never betray me... She- she believes in me alright? She knows that I belong here. That I have a place in this industry." She says. "You've probably heard it the wrong way or misinterpreted it."

"I know what-"

"NO! You don't!" Jisoo immediately gasps and covers her mouth. She couldn't believe that she just let her emotions get the best of her in this conversation and it wasn't just any conversation- Jisoo practically just screamed at the woman who shaped her talent. "Miss Choi I-"

"It's okay Jisoo, I understand... I know it's hard for you to believe, especially when you hear it from someone else. It's painful and everything just sucks..." She says. "Which is why I want you to talk it out with Jennie. Ask her directly about this. If you find out that I am lying or even just misinterpreted what I heard, I will leave my position immediately."

Jisoo widens her eyes when she heard the challenge. "Miss Choi you don't have to-"

"All I want is for you to be with the best team Miss Kim. You can't actually call it best if you have someone receiving all these wrong kinds of information." Miss Choi explains. "I don't want to hurt you in any kind of way and I hate myself right now for being the bearer of bad news, but just know that I am doing all of these to protect you. I am doing this because I am just looking out for you..." She trails off. "Your heart is way too pure and too early to be devoured by this kind of world we live in."

Jisoo was dismissed after their talk and on the way back, she could feel herself similar to a wandering ghost; just lingering without any sense of thought nor feeling. She was basically dragging her feet through the corridors, trying to recall what happened back at her boss' office.

Then her mind started to play games with her as her brain repeatedly said those four sentences over and over again. Jisoo then closes her eyes shut, swallowing the lump on her throat multiple times and she was struggling to breathe. Her heart was rapidly increasing in beat and her emotions was clouding her vision.