26

seeing the location where jeongin is, worry entered chan's mind as he learned that it was in a place near his apartment where drunken men and assholes lurks in. he mentally cursed, of all places that jeongin will end up, why in such place? what could happen if it's already sleeping? he won't see jeongin's message and he'll die if something bad will happen to the younger.

quickly grabbing a whistle (that might come in handy for later if ever that there are assholes near jeongin), chan wore his slippers and ran out of his apartment building and into the location of jeongin which was just two blocks away from his apartment. he was panting when he reached the area, looking around in darkness for a pink haired jeongin.

it was not long until he heard cocky laughs and giggles, chan almost snap his neck when he looked at where the sound's coming, it was coming from a small dark alleyway not far from where he was standing.

"go away!"

chan immediately bolts once he heard the familiar voice of jeongin. he reached the alleyway and there are five guys around jeongin who's back was on the dirty wall, shaking and yelling "go away" and "don't go near me" towards the guys. chan quickly blew the whistle he was holding and as if on cue, the five guys look around in hurry and ran off.

"cops! come on!"

"leave the kid, cops are coming!"

"oh fuck!"

jeongin was bewildered but he was so scared to process the situation as he started crying, sliding down from the wall as he landed on the dirty concrete, crying his eyes out, not noticing the figure coming towards him, but he did, he started panicking, thinking that it would be another bad guy again.

"n-no please i—" he cried.

"hey, baby, it's me, chan" said chan's soothing voice.

jeongin started crying again, harder as he know he's safe now, that chan is here with him now. he started shaking as he felt chan kneeled down into the dirty concrete, hugging him, rubbing his back soothingly. jeongin immediately encircling his arms around the older as he buried his face on the latter's chest.

"i'm here now, innie" chan's calming voice was enough to calm jeongin down, but he was still crying, suddenly guilty for what he did to chan.

i rejected him.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry" jeongin sobbed out and chan felt his chest becoming even more wet from the younger's tears.

"why are you sorry?" chan softly question, running his hands on jeongin's soft lacks.

"i-i...hurt you..." jeongin choked out.

he panicked when chan didn't answer or say a word, he removed his face from chan's chest and looked up at him with still tear streaked face. "b-but i swear, i didn't mean to reject you..i-i was scared of my parents and i don't want them to be disappointed, and i don't want them to hurt me, or you"

"but they did hurt you, innie" chan said softly, but anger visible in his tone as he saw the wounds and bruises on jeongin's face and arms.

jeongin sobbed. "that's why i regret doing that, t-they're my parents but they don't want me chan hyung...they don't want me as there son anymore so i run away...please don't hate me" he cried.

"why would i hate the person i love the most?" chan muttered, almost a whisper that jeongin almost not catch it, but he did.

and the next thing was as if he lost control of himself, he hugged chan so tight as he say, "i love you, channie hyung" over and over again, like a broken cassette tape.

chan smiled, hugging jeongin as tight. he loves him so much, he'll do everything to keep him away from his parents, away from any harm and any bad things in this world. he'll protect jeongin no matter what happens or whatever he'll face.

chan pulled back and kissed the younger's forehead before he pulled them both up on their feet and said,

"let's go home"