I N T E R M U N D A N E - III

For the Martin Garrix show, we went back stage way before he started his set. He and I have some sort of history, shall we say.

The girls and I spent a glorious summer in Amsterdam doing research at the Amsterdam Medical Center, hence why we have such strong connections to the incredible city. The months we spent there were the most carefree (outside of the lab, that is), fun-filled, and spontaneous months we've had as best friends. The amount of alcohol and drugs we consumed, just in that summer alone, was enough to stop a hoard of stampeding rhinos in the middle of mating season. We went hard that summer. It was honestly such a shock to the three of us that we all managed to get A+'s for our respective summer internships. 

That's why Amsterdam will always hold a very, very special place for Lani, Patricia and I. The memories we had there are completely irreplaceable and it was largely due to Lani and Patricia that those memories are some of dearest and most treasured memories I have. 

We were now backstage, at the Sahara, and I looked around trying to see if I could find him.

"Martijn Garritsen!" I yelled out as soon as I spotted the gorgeous Dutch boy.

"Ela!" he ran up to me, picked me up and twirled me around in a circle

"Ela!" he ran up to me, picked me up and twirled me around in a circle. He placed me back down on my feet, cradled my face in his hands and kissed me all over my cheek.

"I missed you so, so, so, so much, babe! You can't even imagine" Martijn said to me as he hugged me tightly. 

"Aw, I missed you as well, Martijn!" I grinned as I continued to hug him. 

"You look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you, if that's even possible!" he held me in his arms and smiled, kissing my forehead. "How's everything? How's Harvard? You're graduating soon, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am – after 4 years, the hard work's finally paying off!" I smiled, genuinely happy to see him again, and of course, happy to finally be graduating. 

"Ah, that's my girl! Always been the genius! I'm so fucking proud of you, babe!" he smiled, as he hugged me tightly once more.

CHRISTOPHER || POV

What the fuck. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.

"Who the fuck does this guy think he is? Cachas lo que te digo?" I asked neither one of my friends in particular.

I looked on as Lani came up to Martin Garrix as well, hugging him and laughing, as if they've known each other for a long time. All the while, he was hugging Ela from behind and resting his face on her shoulder.

"mama verga" I said under my breath in frustration.

"Papa, calmate, respira profundo," Zabdiel coaxed me, as he slung his arm around my shoulder.