Kingcrabshipping - 'It Suits You'

Jack finally had the chance to say it. Together with him. Alone with him.

-

The Fortune Cup was over, and the Dark Signer threat was thwarted. The Signers, victorious, were bonded. Crow, Jack and Yusei now lived together, having overcome tensions, and were preparing for a new tournament, the WRGP.

But right now, that was second in Jack's mind.

Yusei was busy setting up a computer in the corner of the room. The creaks, clonks and clinks of his machinery filled the silence between the pair. Crow was out, applying for a job to support the team. Jack was just sitting, watching, thinking. He couldn't get a good look, and couldn't bring his voice to say those words.

A knock at the door, frantic. Yusei got up and answered, briefly glancing to Jack who didn't move an inch. Their eyes connected. Jack stared, taking in all of Yusei's glance. Yusei returned to the door.

"Trudge?" Yusei called, greeting the officer.
"Heh, seeing you like that, it makes me still urge to lock you up."
Yusei tilted his head, whilst Jack shuffled over to peer in on the conversation.

"With that mark o' yours. You look like a criminal with it, even if you saved the world."

The officer's finger prodded at Yusei's mark, running down the vertical lines and pressing into Yusei's dyed flesh.

Jack saw this action. Jack grit his teeth.
"I'd say it suits him, wouldn't you?" Aloud, Jack spat. His snarky, cocky tone was heard by Yusei and Trudge, and they looked over to see Jack's folded arms and pouting lips.

Yusei blinked, eyes affixed to Jack. His own hand raised to his cheek, hiding the marker from sight.

"Yeah, it does suit him." Trudge returned. "He gives off that criminal look, it suits him." 

Trudge was chuckling as he spoke. Jack widened his eyes, realising what he meant. Jack's words had come out brash, not how he meant. Fleeting his gaze to Yusei, he saw the head Signer covering his marker. He saw the shame in Yusei's downward gaze. 
He saw his lip tremble.

"I came 'round to see how you were all d-"
"Go." A blunt voice from Jack cut the officer off.
"W-what? I-"
"GO. We're busy." Jack's gaze never left Yusei.
Trudge stuttered with no words coming out. He looked between the  pair, shrugged, and slammed the door in Yusei's face - Yusei's marked face.

The silence resumed between the pair, only this time there were no clinks or chinks of metal and wire. Yusei was still. Jack was still.
"Yusei?" Jack stood, slowly, calling to check if the signer was alive.
He drew down to Yusei by the door, standing near him, in front of him.

His pale hand slid over Yusei's tanned one, curling around it, sliding it from Yusei's cheek.
"Does..." Yusei began, eyes finally looking up to pair with Jack's gaze. 
"Does my marker really stand out that much? Does it make me look like-"
Jack, after removing Yusei's cowardly hand, stroked Yusei's cheek. His finger softly traced the pattern of the mark, finally sliding under Yusei's jaw and lifting Yusei's face upwards to his own.
He leant in, and their lips connected.

"Yusei," he whispered after the kiss.
"It suits you, not because it makes you look like a criminal. It's because it makes your face look even cuter than it did before."
Yusei's eyes widened. C-Cuter?
"What do you mean, Jack? How so?" Yusei slapped his hand back onto the marker, scratching at it. 
"It makes your face cute." 
Jack changed his words, perhaps embarrassed he let that slip.

"I'm glad we're together now, Jack. I'm glad things are fixed."
Yusei sighed, moving the conversation on. He could see Jack getting flustered, and he knew Jack would snap if he didn't move things on. They'd been in this situation before, many a time. Jack, close to letting his feelings, would retract it all and isolate himself. Yusei wanted this time to last.
Yusei leaned on Jack, resting his marked face onto Jack's chest, putting his arms on Jack's shoulders.~

"Jack, yours is cuter without a mark, though."
Jack froze, tensing up.
"You-"
Yusei was quiet, shuffling on Jack's body. He hugged tighter once Jack rested his hands on Yusei's back to hold him.
"I won't leave you again, like I have done in the past. No more, Yusei."
Yusei pulled out of Jack's chest to look him in the eye.
"Do you know what else suits me, other than the marker?"
Jack locked eyes with the dark-haired Signer. His hand held Yusei's face softly.
"What?"

"You being with me."

They remained in that embrace for as long as they could, not wanting to ever let go of each other. There was movement outside, and they could tell that Crow was coming home. Even so, they elongated the embrace - the love - for as long as they could muster.

After all...

They really did suit each other.