chapter 7

ALIA

It the next morning I had sent out a my black slacks and a sky blue long sleeve shirt with nude pumps. I took a hair tie and tied my hair up into a bun and proceeded to the elevator I used my key card to access the eleventh floor. I was immediately meet by a smiling Martha .

" Good morning Alia " she said.

"Good morning Martha " I smiled

" Would you like some coffee ?" she asked.

"yes please "

" How would you like it? "

"  Black with no sugar " I said and she quickly walked away.

I walked around the living room till I saw picture placed on a book shelf,  it was a picture of a lady she had cold blue eyes and dark brown hair and porcelain skin she was smiling and had a baby in her hands and on her right was a little girl that looked like her and the other there was a little boy a little younger than the girl.

I walked to the couch and took a sit then I heard someone come down the stairs.

"Martha! " I heard Marc exclaim " where did you put my tie? "

I turned to look at him and he was in nothing but a towel. He looked at me.

"You're early " he said .

" I'm your bodyguard I'm suppose to be punctual " I said. " now if you don't mind going back and getting dressed " I said

"what, am I distracting you? " he smirked.

" No you're really peal the light keeps reflecting from your chest and it's quite blinding" I said and looked away.

Shortly after Martha came out with my coffee and he's tie. I waited for another thirty minutes for him to get ready. And when he was finally done Martha handed him his coffee in a to-go mug and we set off.

When we got down his driver was waiting outside.

" Good morning Chris " he said.

"Morning sir. Where too?" he asked.

"Take the day off " he told him and got the keys 

" Are you sure " he asked in shock.

" Yes of course " he smiled.

"Take Melanie out today. " he said

" Thank you " he said the man went off

"He's wife ?" I asked.

" No he's six year old daughter. He's wife died last year " he said then gave me the keys.

" you're letting me drive? " I said.

" No I'm letting you look at the fucking keys " he said with he's voice oozing sarcasm as he entered the back . I got in the drivers seat and started the car .

"Friendly warning my license expired two years ago " I started the car and proceeded in to the traffic ahead.

The drive was quiet and awkward.

" So any family? " I asked trying to break the silence .

" I got a sister and a brother " he responded " you saw them that day at my our club Layla and Luca " .

"oh that was your sister, I thought she was " I stopped before I continued .

"my what ?"he asked " girlfriend " he said and laughed.

" Yeah " I said.

" she's three years older than me " he said.

The all the sudden it was quiet again till we got to the warehouse.

He took out his phone and made a call.

" is everyone already at the warehouse? " he asked.

"okay then but where are you, you're always late " h sounded irritated.

" almost here, I was suppose to find you here, you're so irresponsible " he said and cut the line.

" we have to wait for my brother he'llbe here, Yoshi and Abdulkharim are already being tended to by the guards " he said.

After a very sad about of small talk Luca arrived . He was dressed casual in a hoodie and sweat pants unlike his brother he seemed more layed back.

" You smell like you just came from a bar " Marc said.

" I got home from a party four hours ago and I was asleep till you started blowing up my phone " he said.

" you need to be more responsible " Marc said annoyed with he's brother.

" And you need to chill bro " he said. " And I see you finally got her maybe now you talk about her less " he said.

" shut up " he said. Luca turned to me

"Hi I'm Luca and you must be Alia " he smiled "my brother here has been obsessing about how much of an asset you'd be to us, and now I see why " he winked.

" you're going to scare her " Marc said " we need to go in now before they start asking about us.  I followed them behind as they lead the way through the warehouse.

We passed through the storage facility and went through a back door that lead to a white passage way with a bunch of door .

We went through a couple of doors till we reached a white themed room with a large table and the Two men from the pictures where sitting along one side .

"Sit when we sit and don't say a word just follow my lead " Marc whispered to me as we walked to the table.

I sat to his right and his brother on the left.

" Marc, Luca you're finally here " Yoshi said he had an accent but it wasn't very prominent.

"And where is Layla?" asked Abdul.

"she's currently in Italy tending to some family issues but she'll be flying back soon " Marc responded

" And her" Abdul said looking at me

"She just recently joined the family " Luca responded.

"You didn't tell us you where getting married " Abdul said to Marc.

"Oh no it's not like that, she works for me. She's my new PA " he said.

"Sorry for the misunderstanding miss " he said to me.

"Alia " I said. " and it's okay ,I understand you'd have thought so because of the way he said it " I smiled.

After thirty hair plucking boring minutes all of the sudden I heard gun shots. I quickly got my gun.

" Stay here I'll go check " I said and quickly got up and out.

I rushed out the hall was and out of the building a car was driving off and three people that worked for Marc and his family where laying dead on the ground.

I tried shooting at the car but it wasn't any use.

There was something taped on the chests of one of the men that where shoot I picked it up and went back down.

MARC

As we where talking I heard gun shots and before I knew what was going on Alia had already grabbed her gun and rushed out of the room and closed the door behind her I tried following her but she had closed and barricaded the door from out side

After trying and failing the door suddenly opened  .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading ❤
Vote
Comment
Share

-A