✧ when we met - mattia polibio

i was sixteen when i first saw him

i was sixteen when i first saw him. his brown
eyes, gleaming in the fall sunlight. the brown and orange leaves crumbled underneath my feet as i walked over to an activity booth. i decided to go to a fall festival because it seemed cute and i was so glad i went that day.

i got the courage to walk up to him after an hour of being there. i asked him what his name was and where he was from. he said he was from a school called passaic valley, i thought to myself, not recognizing that school.

20 minutes went by as we talked and talked and i started to get cold. he reached in his bag and grabbed a jacket and handed it to me. when he did, my fave must've been as red as a tomato. i started blushing more than i ever had before. no boy has given me a jacket in my life so i was shocked. bonfires were out and about and we sat next to one near his family.

we got to know each other more but i had realized he was only visiting PA for a week and he lived in NJ which was 6 hours away from me. i was upset but we still had a good time.

the night went on as everyone started to pack up their booths and belongings. i knew i wouldn't see him again and for some reason, it actually hurt. he gave me his number and i have him mine. hopefully i would be able to talk to him or at least see him again, sometime soon. he was perfect.