03

the time at starbucks

A week has passed and Yoongi and Eunmi's paths are yet to collide again. That doesn't mean they haven't both had a sneaking thought about each other every now and then. In fact, Eunmi's sister, always invested in other peoples' relationships than her own, has demanded constant updates on their situation. She's insistent no matter how many times Eunmi tells her sister that there's nothing to update on.

Eunmi is wrong, of course. She just doesn't quite realize it yet.

Which is why it's handy - or perhaps more than that; coincidence maybe? fate, even? - that Eunmi has decided to visit Starbucks, her favorite place, on the same day that Yoongi has arranged a study date with his best friend, Bri.

He's already inside chatting chatting to Bri about everything other than their Trigonometry questions. He sips at a chai latte, Yoongi isn't much of a coffee person, and nods whilst Bri recalls the gritty details of her recent break up.

"She is the coldest bitch on the planet; I can't believe I slept with her, let alone fell in love with her." Bri says maliciously.

Yoongi frowns.

"I'm pretty sure you said the same thing two months ago, then a week later you were posting those cute couple photos on Instagram."

Thankfully, Yoongi has just put down his drink because his childhood friend responds by shoving him in the chest. Despite her height of five foot one, Bri has some serious strength in her. It takes Yoongi a considerable amount of skill to prevent himself from toppling off his chair. Still, he manages to flail around like an idiot for a couple of seconds. After all, it's not Yoongi if it's not awkward.

When he's recovered, he goes to glare at Bri but doesn't get the chance. She's now wearing this smug little smile and leaning close towards him.

"You see that girl behind you?" She says under her breath, trying to act inconspicuous. "She's been gazing all dreamily at you for, like, five minutes straight."

Yoongi glances over his shoulder. A redheaded girl is blushing and looking at her book, eyes constantly darting up towards him.

He looks back at Bri.

"How do you know she's not actually looking at you?"