III: Evan

I woke up to a boy staring at me. "Are you awake?" His voice is smooth and low.

Struggling to get up, I turned my body with my back facing him. I hugged the sheets, and tried to reply to him. Instead of "yea", a weird sound came out.

I hear him chuckle, "I'm Evan. I heard from my mom that you were lost."

I turn around to face him, and I see a tall good looking boy that looks around my age. He held his hand out, and I reach out to shake it. "I'm April.", I say.

Our hands are still held together, and I have to admit. Our position is very awkward. I'm still lying in bed, while he is standing up looking at me sideways. He coughed purposely, and let go of my hand. Evan then walked out, telling me to get ready for breakfast.

I quickly put a jacket on, and walked down the stairs leading me to delightful scents of breakfast. Even is sitting there eating pancakes with the rest of their family. They look so ordinary and worry free. Something I wasn't.

I sit down in an empty chair across from Evan, and dig in to the homemade pancakes. Mmmm. So good.

I glance at Evan, and I see him quietly laughing at my reaction to the pancakes.

I continue eating while Mr. And Mrs.Porter talk about their plans for today. I didn't really pay attention to their conversation, but instead I admire Evans perfect face. It is long and skinny, in perfect proportion with his eyes, nose, and lips. He is so good looking...

"April? You alright?" He waved his hands in front of my face.

I snapped out of it, realizing I have been staring at his face the whole time.

"Oh sorry." I feel my cheeks heat up. That is so embarrassing!

For the rest of breakfast, the Porter family asks me about myself, even though I don't know most of those questions.

____________________________________________________________

We are walking through a big grocery store right now, and everything seems new to me. The Porters are showing me around Seplin today. Seplin is the small town they live in.

There are many wonders in the grocery store. Evan gave me a bag of hot Cheetos, and told me to try using the self checkout machine. I pressed the screen while following it's directions. It was easy, and fun at the same time.

Evan and I walked into the parking lot, and I spot a bigger looking boy come up to is with a scary smile on his face.

"Who's this pretty lady, Evan?"

"None of your business" Evan replied. "Ignore him. Let's go."

Evan grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the parking lot. After the big guy is out of sight, I let go of Evans hand. He quickly grab it again, and turn to face me.

"That's Nick. Don't go near him." His hand squeeze mine lightly.

I don't know what to say, so I just tell him "okay."

I look down at our hands that are tightly held together.

"You can let go now." I tell Evan.

" I don't want to." He said stubbornly like a little boy.

I feel my cheeks heat up, and I know I blush easily.

"So what now?" I ask.

"Do you want to go to the park?"

I nod.

We then slowly walk to the park with our hands tightly held together. I really enjoy his company, and I have a feeling Evan enjoys mine too. I savor this moment, hoping it will last forever.

We reach the park, and we decide to sit on the swings. I slightly swing myself, and Evan does the same. Evan pulls out the bad of hot Cheetos from his backpack, and open it.

"Try one. It's not that spicy." He pops one in this mouth, crunching.

I grab one out, and stare at the red powder covered chip. I look over at Evan, who gives me a look that tells me to eat it. I put it in my mouth, and chew. I feel the spicy flavor burning my mouth for a while. It's not very pleasant, but addicting. I reach my hand to grab another one.

We continue chatting in the park, and I'm having a great time. I notice the sky is getting dark.

"It's starting to get dark. I think we should get going." I suggested.

"Wait, I have something to tell you." He stops me from getting up. "I really like you. I've never met a girl like you before, and I'm glad you came to my family."

Did I just hear clearly? Am I imagining things? "What?"

"I like you, April." He looks at me and smiles.

I freeze, due to the shock. He likes me. The perfect boy actually likes me.