mondo

“I’m married to Suzie Q. in this universe?!?! WHY? HOW?” Jojo was ready to tear his hair out at that very moment. “I mean no offense to her. She’s a nice girl and all that, but WHY WOULD I MARRY ANYONE OTHER THAN MY (NAME)?!?!”

This little revelation from his alternate self made his head spin painfully. So many questions and not enough answers circled his mind as he desperately tried to get a hold of his wits.

He stared at his grandson, Jotaro, his only grandchild that was present, “Jotaro, you do remember your Mamma (Name), right? Your nonna?” He received no answer except for a small grunt and a shake of the head.

The lack of any recognition in Jotaro sent his heart pounding, because why would Jotaro who was a certified granny’s boy (no matter how much the teen tried to deny it) not recognize the name of his own grandmother? The grandmother he looked up to so much as a child and even until now?

He’d only just gotten thrown into yet another...alternate universe? Pocket dimension? He didn’t know anymore, but what he did know is that his beloved was not there. Not in that pocket dimension and not in the universe which the denizens of this current dimension were from.

(Name) Mariela Joestar nee Zeppeli simply did not exist

And that SCARED him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

”ーJorge & Holly are our eldest. They’re twins. Holly settled down in Japan and had Jotaro when she was still a young woman, but Jorge decided to focus on his career as an archaeologist and professor in the meantime. He met and married one of his students actually, Tomoko Higashikata. They had little Josuke by the time Jotaro started puberty. Then there’s our boy Joshua, our second girl Joanna, our second pair of twins, both boys this time, Jonah & Jonas, then there’s Jonee, Johan, and our youngest Josephine. Joanna also has a son, another one of my adorable little grandchildren, Jordan”

In order to get his mind off of the sad reality that (Name) didn’t exist here, Jojo opted to just introduce the alternate versions of himself, his family, and friends about his own family.

“Mon Dieu, Mr. Joestar! Are you trying to start a football team?...Your virility is honestly impressive” Polnareff looked downright impressed as he regarded the still old but doesn’t look old version of the Mr. Joestar that he knew.

“...She may not be my grandma in this world, but cut the old lady some slack, jiji” Jotaro tried not to look to affected, but he was honestly failing. Not only did he have several aunts and uncles, but some little cousins as well. He could only imagine just how his alternate self handled such a troublesome family.

And yet a small part of him did wonder what it would be like to be in his shoes for even just a day.

“There IS a reason why I kept up hamon training after all these years and it’s not just because (Name) will beat me up if I stopped~”
.
.
.
.
.
.
Utter silence

Except for the loud noise emitted by the visibly older Joseph when he slapped a palm against his face.