Rookie Party

It's been two weeks of long ass tryouts, twenty-seven guys have been turned into 14. It is now the Saturday after our last tryout and we are having our rookie party. I arrived a couple hours late because I fell asleep from a long ass two weeks. Is it bad to say I am not looking forward to this party? I am a freshman and a rookie on the team, I'm dreading what they are going to put me through.

I walked in and they all greeted me "ZAC!" the girls team was there too. Chris threw me this plastic bag with girl clothes in it, "Put these on rookie".

"Fuck off, I'm not wearing this"

"You have to, it's a rookie party, all of the other boys got their outfits on already"

"Fuck, fine"

So I went to the washroom and got changed, the leggings they gave me weren't bad, I used to swim competitively so they were like my swimming spandex, but the shirt was the tightest pink shirt I have ever worn. I walked back in the living room,

"Looking good rookie"

"Fuck off" I gave him the finger,

"Haha, your gutsy, I like that, the rest of the rookies are downstairs, your number is 6, find a girl downstairs with the same number"

I headed downstairs and I saw what the rest of the boys are wearing, booty shorts, see through shirts, tight shirts, it's a good thing I came late.

There were two kegs, but the first was almost done and they were starting to tap the other one.

"OH HEY ZAC'S HERE! WHAT UP DUDE!?" Austin yelled at my face. They were all already wasted and it was only 9:00.

"Haha, hey Austin, not much just waking up, how long have you boys been here since?"

"Since 7:00"

"Holy fuck, 7:00? Explains why you boys are already really drunk"

"Haha fuck yeah, here grab a beer"

I wasn't much of a drinker. I usually don't drink alcohol because once I get started I tend to get out of hand and there was one thing I have been hiding from my team...

I was depressed.

I have been battling depression the past couple years, and when I moved to college I forgot my medication at home. And home was 8 hours away. So I just let it go. I've had a couple episodes since I've been in college for the past month and a half, so I've been doing kind of okay.

Back to the party,

"Look who decided to show up!"

"Laura? Yeah thanks for waking me up."

"I told you I was going to be going out for supper with the girl's team beforehand."

"Oh yeah. Must have slipped my mind. You don't seem that drunk."

"I'm not. I'm going to go talk to the girls for a bit. Try not to drink too much, because of, well you know."

"Yes yes yes. I won't."

"NUMBER 5, WHO THE FUCK IS NUMBER 5"

"Ahh shit, that's me boys, wish me luck, let's go Sarah"

"Haha, good luck Dean" I assume Sarah was his rookie partner from the girls team. (Oh yeah, I still have to find my partner)

"WHICH GIRL IS NUMBER 6!?" I yelled

"ME! I thought my partner was never gonna show up, my names Paige" she was so pretty, blue eyes, medium length brown hair, and probably a good volleyball player.