𝟢𝟢𝟣. fresh blood

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (i. this is the part where you run)

❝ look at who's digging their own grave, that is what they all say ❞

all say ❞

THE SALVATORE BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE YOUNG AND GIFTED was home to a plethora of different supernatural beings. From witches to werewolves ━ from vampires to tribrids.

It was a place where the young and gifted were taught control and discipline in conjecture with how to utilise their abilities correctly. As well as, of course, other mundane subjects like World History and Math.

Hope and Kaiden Mikaelson were among those deemed 'special' enough to attend. Supernatural freaks, if you will.

Being Mikaelson born witches with a werewolf mother and the infamous original hybrid as their father, the twins were the only known tribrids in existence.

And just last year, they lost everything. In a desperate bid to make their family whole once more, the twins devised a plan to draw their father back home which subsequently ended in their mother's death.

It was this loss that kick-started the twins' descent into grief and anger.

Unable to live with the pain of losing his wife and the thought of losing his children, Niklaus Mikaelson reclaimed the Hollow's power that his children had stolen and sacrificed himself to finally put an end to the horrors that had plagued his family for the past decade.

Now, eight months later ━ Hope and Kaiden had lost both of their parents, their uncle, and their last remaining grandparent. And they were paying the price.

Whilst Hope had built a guard around her heart ━ pushing everyone that had once cared for her away ━ Kaiden seemed unable to shake his pent up anger.

His temper, which was only heightened by his triggered werewolf gene, had gotten the teenager into trouble more times than he could count. Of course, with Thea and Klaus Mikaelson as parents, the boy really hadn't stood much of a chance.

Much akin to his father ━ and uncle Kol, for that matter ━ Kaiden rather enjoyed the chaos he created. It was a source of entertainment. A thrill he could no longer find in the mundanity of life.

In fact, his desire for destruction was the main reason Kaiden was currently sitting in the back of Alaric Saltzman's beat-up SUV ━ with Hope in the passenger seat ━ as they made their way to Georgia to capture a newly turned werewolf.

According to Alaric, it was punishment for his latest acts of delinquency. In reality, Kaiden knew it was purely a result of the ex-hunters' need for both him and Hope to do all the dirty work that he could not do himself.

They were the brains and the braun whenever they went on their little exertions. Alaric was, quite simply, the getaway car.

And, truth be told, he was barely even any good at that.