Chapter 1: Love and Bruises........

Dear Book Reader(s) 

I'm so sorry about the other story ( if you read it ), but this book is the same one so I edited it to make it better to make up the lost of the other book.

     Is It Really Happily Ever After? (A Maxerica Fan-Fiction After The One )

                                                           Maxon’s P.O.V

 I had just asked America to marry me, of course she said “yes.” We were congratulated by many people but then ……. an old lady came with a basket of fruit, at least we thought it was an old lady. The old lady grabbed America, but that was no old lady, it was Aspen. America’s ex-boyfriend, of course he was probably jealous of our engagement and thought he could take her back, I assumed ….. but that wasn’t what happened. He grabbed her arm and pulled out a knife and held it to her neck. I couldn’t move, I was parallelized of what was happening. I couldn’t believe that  one of my top guards would do this to me, but what really I don’t believe is that I hired him as a royal guard and trusted him with my life.

 “Nobody move !” Aspen shouted

 “ Maxon help me !” America lip synced me

 I think he figured out what we were doing because then.......

 “Don’t move a step pretty boy !” Aspen shouted

 I stepped back, while Aspen was taking America out of the room, I ran out the other way and took a shortcut to the hall. I tackled Aspen down and America took the knife out of his hand and gave it to me. The guards came a minute later and took him away. I was checking America for cuts and bruises and looked down at my hands. Blood, my hands were covered in blood. She had gotten stabbed in the stomach and then she fainted. I carried her and ran as fast as I could to the infirmary. The doctors said that she had lost a lot of blood and has to stay in the infirmary for a month, that she had to get surgery, and that she won’t be permanently damaged.

 “Thank goodness .” I said

 I left when she had to get surgery and I went delusional  LITERALLY.

 “ Stupid .” I called myself

 I felt like I could never forgive myself when America got hurt. I ran a back and forth the room and was going around in circles. Since the day my parents died, everyone was getting hurt. As of king, I felt like I wasn’t doing a good job to protect my loved ones and my people, why would they want a king like me ?

                                              America’s P.O.V

 “America, are you awake ?” said Maxon

 I opened my eyes and and replied “yes .”

 I guess he was happy to see me because he was jumping up and down like a little village boy. I had only seen that sparkle in his eyes once and it came to me that he never liked Kriss as much as he loved me. I saw the same sparks in his eyes the very day we first met.

                                                    Kriss’s P.O.V

 “ That little…..little b***h .” I said

 “ Are you ok ?” asked Beth ( the maid )

 “ Of course I’m NOT ok !” I replied

 As I watched Maxon in the infirmary with America, my stomach ached in pain, my eyes grew bigger and, my heart was shattered. I thought that feeling was anger and regret but, it was jealousy. How could I be jealous ? I mean I’m Kriss, Maxon’s future fiance ….. or at least I hoped.

                                                   Americas P.O.V

When I woke up I was relieved to see Maxon and to know he was ok. He left after 3 hours. I was lying in my bed alone watching TV when Kriss, my least favorite person in the world stepped in.

 “Get up” she said

“What! I just had surgery are you crazy” I shouted

 “GET UP !” she yelled

 “No” I answered

 Before I could even protest she dragged me from my bed and I  screamed in pain

 “Whats going on” a nurse asked

 “Shut up” answered Kriss

 “Help me!!!” at that point I was in so much pain

I couldn’t speak.

 I was dragged down a hallway heading towards an elevator. At  the end of the hallway stood Aspen.

 “Hello Princess, nice to see you again” said Aspen

 Before I could answer I fainted.