Chapter 1: Surrender

"C'mon, Elle, you never go out. Just this one time. Everyone's gonna be there."

"Once again, I'm not going to Justin's party. I need to study for---"

"For what?" Becca interrupted.

"For...for...for..." I stalled as I tried to come up with a sufficient reason.

"See there is nothing to study for. Come on, don't be such a party pooper, Elle."

"No, no, and again no." I said.

"Fine, but why don't you ever do parties here? You have such a big house while the rest of us are living in dorms. I'm sure your daddy wouldn't mind this once. He has so many houses he probably forgot about this one." Becca started.

"If I throw a party here, will you lay off?" I was getting desperate at this point.

"With alcohol? Next Saturday?" I could see she was checking her schedule mentally.

"Fine," I gave in with a sigh.

"Thanks, thanks, Elle. You're the best." She went around the room dancing and shrieking ending with a humongous bear hug.

"You're welcome. Anything for my best friend." I plastered a smile on my face for her sake.

"We can plan together. We'll have Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike and oh my god...this will be so awesome." She pretended to faint.

"Okay, okay. You can be the official planner...with a budget of twenty thousand. Do whatever you want to make it happen. Just don't bother me again after this about the party thing."

"Alright, alright," she sauntered into the backyard doing a victory dance.

Phew, what a day. First I take three tests at school, then Daddy calls, and finalement Becca nags me about parties making me give in to her scheme. A normal person would already be buying a rope for their homemade noose. Sadly, I'm not normal growing up with a trillionaire father and friends like Becca. Becca, especially, is the main cause of my abnormality. An average person could never tell that the five foot six girl with curly brown hair could be such a royal pain in the neck. Literally royal. The little schemer is a relative of the Queen's. Her father is best friends with mine but hers doesn't spoil me like mine does. We are so alike yet so opposite.