New friend?

America ran. He knew he'd be late but he didn't want to just give up and skip. The wind calmed down since yesterday and the sun shone brightly in America's face. He couldn't use both his hands anymore, one was in the way of the sun, and the other kept the bag on his back.

Just when he thought it couldn't get any worse, he slammed into someone, causing his head to collide with their chest and make a thud on impact. America was in a hell of a lot of pain but was careful to not asume the other countries pain. So he stood up gently and quickly. Looking down, he held out his hand for assistance. "I'm so sorry I-"

America froze, but the country had still grabbed his hand and gotten up. The country smiled at America, "thank you. I'm sure you didn't mean it." Their cat ears sent signals down America's stomach and he realized who he was talking to. "Japan?"

She stared at him in confusion, "do I know you?" America realized what he was doing and apologized again. "Sorry, sorry I don't know what came over me." Japan smiled again, her confused look fading. She held out her hand to shake with America's. "Let's start this over, shall we?"

"Yeah," America said as he reached out his arm and shook hands with Japan. "I'm Japan- but you seem to already know that," she spoke as she let go. "Uh yeah, I'm America."

"What class are you in?"

America snapped, and yelled without thinking, "Shit! I have to get to class. Sorry, maybe we could talk later." He waved his hand and started his run again towards school.

Japan stood surprised. Her ears ruffled in the slow breeze and she recollected what had happened. A slight blush smeared upon her face and she whispered to herself, "cute."

...

Russia titled his head on the glass, condensation hugging his face. Small water droplets ran down along the window and  Russia's cold breath breathed on the clear surface. His eyes were dull and bored. The twitch of his fingers was the only thing that kept him occupied.

"I'll definitely get in trouble for this," Russia smirked as he talked to himself. He'd skipped school and decided he needed a break. Ukraine left early so he had a chance to stay home without Ukraine finding out.

A notification buzzed on Russia's phone and he pulled it out of his pocket. New message. Russia sighed and unlocked the screen, going to check the notification quickly after. The smirk he once had, grew. "New student...ha, sounds shitty."