Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The first family is coming today. One teenager is leaving. I've met the family already; they're nice and seem like very good people. All of us teens are standing in a line. Mr and Mrs.Johnson are standing in front of us. "I wish we could take you all, but we only have room for one." Mrs.Johnson says.

"We want Allen." Mr.Johnson says. My whole posture falls. Allen smiles and walks to his new parents. I'm happy for him, I really am.

When they leave I hug Lanie, happy thy didn't pick her. I would've gone crazy here without her. "Don't worry Tiff. The last two teenagers leaving will be us. I can feel it." She mumbles in my ear. "I'm just happy I get to stay with you a little bit longer." She says, speaking my thoughts.

"So am I." I say, pulling back from the hug.

At dinner we're all a bit silent. We get our usual mashed potatoes and turkey dinner. Tuesday is turkey day. Thursday is the best because we get steak. Steak is my absolute favourite food. It's just so tender and juicy. That is really the only thing that connects me to my real parents. We would have steak every Saturday night. My dad made the bet steak on the grill. No one else can make it quite the same way.

I still don't understand why my parents put me up for adoption. We were doing so well as a family. I thought they-

"Tiff, are you okay?" Lanie's voice rings in my ears, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask not really hearing her question.

"Are you okay?" She repeats herself.

"Yeah."

"You sure? You're crying."

"Yeah. I just thought about my parents."

"Tiffany, I don't understand it either." She always seems to know why I'm talking about. "They don't know what they're missing out on. They gave up an amazing young woman"

I give her a small smile. The only one I could muster up. "Thanks, Lanie. You always know what to say."

"I am your best friend." She smiles.

I smile softly. "That you are."

That night, I open my journal. I grab my pen, and my thoughts spill onto the page. 'Allen went today. I'm just happy it wasn't Lanie. She'll go soon, though. I know it. It's nearly bed time. Until next time. Good luck, good riddance, and goodbye.' I put my pen in the nightstand. I slip my journal into the only secure place I know, under my pillow.

I lay down, cover up, and quickly slip into the dream world. Goodnight, world.

**A/N**
I got told to update this. So, here it is. I hope you like it. (: 5 votes for next chapter! Vote/Comment/Fan