Why Fear Islam?

Islam is not what they present to us in Europe and it is not either what is presented by its antagonists who are moved by political impetus. Islam is a heavenly concept with interpretations and stances.

"Europe dreads Islam because it looks at it through the image of extremism," says Edgar Pizzane, the President of the Arab World Institute in France, and adviser to late French President Francois Mitterrand, according to Al-Madinah, an Arabic daily newspaper from Jeddah.

He said that the increasing number of Muslims coming to Europe has made it feel this danger, and it is from here that Islam has become the sacrificial lamb and the notion blown by politicial crisis against the Muslim world, according to his book Islam in Europe, published recently, in which he covered the issue of Islam from European point of view.

He speaks about the escalation of crisis lately between the Muslim minorities and the European majority and the occurrences of violence from the European side is what had led to find acceptable solutions foe each of them.

Pizzane says, "Unfortunately, the Muslims did not present a model society which controls itself in Europe or lives on it products and weighs between giving and talking, materially and spiritually, and obligations and rights."

He went on, "From here always comes the conflict between Islamic moral values and the European - the Western in general, where interests and tendencies become in opposition, and the West views the Islamic society as a whole with suspicion. For they know that unity and coalition among the Muslims is a danger threatening them, since the history of the conquest of Islam is not far away. Regarding the millions of Muslims living in Europe, Pizzane says, "Nobody can ask them to abandon their religious faith, and they also do not demand from the European societies to relinquish their religious concepts. No one should be blamed for the absence of amalgamation, but these mistakes are shared due to lack of a mutual confidence."

But what Pizzane calls lack of mutual confidence is the gulf between the Islamic East and the West in general, since the rapture of civilisation the West has been abandoning civilized morality and human behavior, despite the scientific and technological advancements, for, how should we translate what is happening to the children, women and the old in Bosnia by the Serbs, and what is happening in Chechnya? Here, Pizzane says; "It is impossible for the European states to have a good relations with the Muslims living in Europe and also with the Islamic states if it does not treat well the Muslims residing in their territories." He adds that Europe cannot adopt against Islam the same stances it adopted against communism.

Islam calls for equality and justice for all mankind, recognizing rights and condemns violence and ignorance. It also exerts knowledge and civilisation and throughout history Islam has presented attractive images for the correct application of Shariah (Islamic laws), but this is what the West does not which to know  or see, and, therefore, continues to carveout false images of Islam, acts of violence and repression against Muslims in their countries, besides being indulged in their ethnic cleansing throughout the latest years.

All this confirms that the West is well aware the danger of Islam on her interests and the Western hegemony on Muslim resources does not, therefore, end, besides attempts to dominate Muslim states economically and socially, so that the Islamic state may be lost in front of the glittering showing that claims knowledge and civilization, hiding in this essence the breach of all heavenly laws.

Pizzane says: "Islam is not what they present to us in Europe and it is not either what is presented by its antagonists who are moved by political impetus. Islam is a heavenly concept with interpretations and stances." Perhaps , religious extremism is the first pretext for which the West displays her repeated aggressions on Muslim minorities and towards Islam as a whole.

Therefore, Pizzane warns against falling into this distorting mistake and says; "It is wrong and even dangerous to view Islam through religious extremism. Muslim scholars and nations condemn extremism in all its forms, and they warn against following these thoughts which have become dangerous to Islam itself that is based on tolerance and call to benevolence."