𝓟𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

12:31 am

12:32 am

12:33 am

A young woman lying in bed watches the time change on a digital clock, hoping that the next minute brings her the urge to fall asleep. She's been losing sleep for years. Her mind just won't stop racing, but she's used to it, having been diagnosed with ADHD since her childhood. Paired up with being partially dyslexic makes for an interesting life. According to her mother, it came from her father's side of the family. Not that the young woman would know, seeing as her mother passed away years ago and her father has been a no show for all her life. She has so many questions and no answers whatsoever. If only things hadn't turned out the way they did...

12:34 am

Tired of lying around like a loaf of soggy bread, the young woman sits up and sighs. Dragging her hand across her face, she gets up and makes her way to her desk where she has her laptop closed and charging. She starts up her laptop while simultaneously grabbing a blank notebook from nearby and a pen to write with. After logging in, she opens up her browser and slowly begins her search for places to photograph in the nearby area in hopes of either becoming sleepy or productive. Probably the latter of the two...

9:17 am

9:18 am

Hours have passed and our young protagonist is still awake. She's gotten distracted from her small task quite a few times but still managed to create a list of places she was planning to visit that day. She shuts off her laptop and marched over to her closet, determined to not let her lack of sleep keep her from finishing the project she has in mind. She picks out her outfit for the day and hops into the shower, but not before starting her 'Shower-Sing-a-long-Megamix' playlist and blasting it throughout her room and bathroom.

10:44 am

She is walking to the third closest place to her home on her list when she runs into a close friend of hers from school. They chat for a bit and she asks if he wishes to join her little adventure. She hopes he will help keep her focused while giving her company. She may be introverted, but she doesn't always like being alone. He accepts and they continue on their way, her armed with her Polaroid camera and extra film packets and him with his backpack and baseball cap.

1:56 pm

They've finished the list. She has a small pouch full of instant photos from their adventure and her heart full of pride at her productivity. The young woman and her friend have stopped for lunch, slightly exhausted from all the exercise they've done. They converse as they wait for their food and talk about anything they can think of. The young woman drifts from the topic from time to time and constantly apologizes to her friend for her aloofness. He laughs it off and explains to her that he has a few friends that also have ADHD and dyslexia. She jokes about having to make a club. He pauses for a minute and looks like he's considering something. After a few minutes, she gets curious and asks him about it. He asks her to meet some of his other friends.

2:15 pm

2:15 pm is an important time for our young protagonist in this story. Her food is finally ready and arrives at the table, but that's not what makes it so important. She doesn't know it yet, but her response to her friend's question will be the start of one of the biggest and most important adventures in her life. Or, as the wise Troy Bolton sang, it's "the start of something new"...

"I... would love to meet your friends, Grover."

Page count: 6 (because of all the spaces. If you take them out, it's just like 2)

Yeah, I know it's short. But this is only the beginning. Stay tuned folks.