ϛʹ (𝓈𝒾𝓍)

Chapter 6

Desirae awoke with a start. Her heart was racing and she felt like her body was on the verge of cold sweat. Sunshine was peeping through the window and the music of morning rush hour played gently in the background. There was absolutely nothing that could have made her wake up like that.

'Why did I wake up?' Desirae thought. 'Oh yeah. Omelets.'

With a tired shrug, she rubbed her eyes and trudged her way to the bathroom. She did her business and her morning routine. When her eyesight slightly cleared, she saw a translucent floating harpe above her head. It vanished after a few seconds, so she just passed it off as a remnant* of her dream. With a light sigh, she wrote a note to her close friends and left the room, heading downstairs for something to eat.

She normally would have waited until the rest of her group to wake up, but she read the menu for breakfast the night before and she didn't want to miss a single opportunity

She normally would have waited until the rest of her group to wake up, but she read the menu for breakfast the night before and she didn't want to miss a single opportunity. There was going to be a chef making custom omelets. She had already thought about what she could order before she woke up that morning. A four-cheese omelet with bacon and spinach. Her favorite type of omelet.

While she waited for her omelet to be made, she gathered tater tots on her plate and made herself a cup of brown rice green tea*. She felt the familiar presence of Annabeth when she neared the table.

"Did you order an omelet too?" Desirae said, blowing on her tea to cool it down. She glanced at her blonde-haired friend with an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Oh, absolutely. There's nothing better than someone else making your food," Annabeth nodded. "The boys are still knocked out. They should be coming down by the time we have our omelet."

Desirae nodded in understanding before the two young women launched into a conversation about their favorite things. Annabeth talked about architecture and Desirae would chime in with her favorite architectural styles and structures. Desirae was a big fan of Gothic* and Moorish architecture*. After about 5 minutes of omelet traffic, they collected their food and began to chow down. The boys made an appearance not too long after and joined the pair for breakfast. While the boys ate, the girls discussed the game plan for finishing their trip. Seeing as they no longer had a rental car, they decided that getting a new one would be better. Less chance of innocent mortals getting hurt during a monster attack.

~

Even though they had to take a break a little early on their road trip, Desirae was thankful for the rest they all got. It gave them time to regroup and recollect their thoughts. It was now Annabeth's turn to drive, so Desirae decided to sit in the front seat with her. The boys held a quiet conversation in the background while the girls had one where they would constantly quote vines when the opportunity arose. That led to the two girls cackling in the front seat. The two boys made an effort to ignore the girls, that much was obvious to Desirae. The two separate conversations kept on for a while until the group of 4 was about an hour from their destination when something on the side of the road caught Desirae's attention. An unknown feeling impulsed her to take a look at it.