two

It was that girl again.

She was odd. Not the kind of repelling odd, but rather the kind of odd that draws you in under the water until you can barely breath but you're still kinda enjoying it cause you love the thrill. Even from watching from afar, she thrilled him. His entire being was enthralled with her being. Her existance captivated him in ways he never knew could be.

At the risk of seeming like a serial killer, he discontinues this train of thought.

She was staring up at him, a mere 8 feet away, smiling with her eyes but not her mouth.

He tried to mask his awkwardness with confidence, and took long strides over to where she was crouched.

"Hi," he smiled

"Who are you?"

"Luke." She nodded. "I noticed you all alone and, I don't know. I thought you might want a friend."

"Thanks." Silence. "I still don't know who you are though."

He laughed and looked at his boot which was kicking around the dirt.

"That's ok." he said, and felt a sudden surge of confidence. "I'll tell you about me, and then, if you want, you can tell me about you."

She made a face. "Hmm... alright. I guess. Why not." She crossed her arms and blew hair out of her face, but he could see she was smiling.

He resisted the urge to hold her hand as they started walking.

***

She was even more beautiful in the way she walked. Talked. Laughed. Reacted. She had an awesome sense of humor, and over the course of the walk she had progressively opened up to him more and more.

They eventually reached his car. He considered something for a moment, and she looked at him quizzically. Finally he unlocked the car, and turned to her.

"Come with me," he smiled.

"No."

"Come on, don't you want an adventure?"