2

We have been driving for 3 hours now, and I'm super bored. The whole trip is going to take two days. Regina, Sk to Kelowna, BC.

Dad is just tapping his fingers to the beat of the music as I stare out the window hating what is happening. I don't want to leave everything that I have back home. I've lived in Regina for 19 years. I tried to convince him that I could stay there and get my own place but he didn't buy it. So he said that if I can afford my own place I can live alone in Kelowna. I was ok with that. I'm ready to get away from this guy. I mean I love him to pieces but he's a parent and he can be annoying. After my mother died when I was 13 hes been very protective. It's just his way of showing that he cares. I haven't been able to have a real relationship with a guy because of my dad. Which is stupid, I'm nineteen!

“Jul, we'll be there in less than an hour” I slowly opened my eyes.

“Finally!”

“You shouldn't be complaining I did most of the driving” I giggled a little.

The views around us were amazing. Mountain sides covered with little trees. Well I guess the tree weren't little but from where I was they looked tiny. We pulled into the city. Everything looked average. It was late on a Tuesday so not many people were outside. We pulled up to are new house. It was a light brown with some brick detailing. It was very pretty. I was the one who found the house. I love looking at houses and decorating and stuff like that. My dad was pretty useless with that stuff. I grabbed my pillow and walked in.

“I'm soo tried.” I muttered to myself.

“I can't believe that we made it. Julia there's a couch in the basement that you can sleep on for tonight.”

“Ok” I kissed Dad good night and drifted off to sleep.