Masterpiece

She never liked fairytales.

Or at least, she never believed in them. Y/N's entire life was the complete opposite of one, as a matter of fact. She grew up in a lower class family, her parents working day and night in order to survive and provide the best opportunities for their children. She never had the finest designer clothing while attending public school, but it's not like she minded. She just focused on her education, in hopes of achieving as many scholarships as she could to prevent her folks from breaking their backs trying to send her off to college. Fortunately, Y/N managed to snag herself as much funds she could possibly get before attending a semi-affordable institution outside of the city, setting aside time for relationships so she could get in much study time as she could.

Cassidy Dolan was one of the first employers to invite her over for an in-person interview as her personal assistant. The 35-year-old woman was the CEO of a highly successful fashion business, the line directed to ladies of their teenage years and older. She was worth an approximate $4.5 million, but that's nothing compared to the $85 million her husband at the time, Grayson Dolan, amounted to. The near-billionaire owned a variety of businesses, most of which consisting of fitness gear and an assortment of gyms across the country, some internationally. Not only is the man filthy rich, but he's also easy on the eyes, and when Y/N noticed a picture sitting on her future boss's desk of their wedding night, it was no wonder why Mrs. Dolan married him.

Of course, that was three years ago. Three years of Y/N realizing that the relationship between her bat-shit crazy boss and her husband was far from perfect; disastrous, even. Being Cassidy Dolan's personal assistant wasn't easy either, in fact, it's the toughest job she's ever worked - she's not even sure if the decent pay is worth it. She has had to dealt with screaming patches between the pair over the phone while she sat awkwardly in her office, awaiting the interruption to end so she could ask her boss what she wanted for lunch. Understandably afterwards, Mrs. Dolan was not in the best of moods.

It wasn't a surprise to Y/N when she learned just a few months ago that Mr. and Mrs. Dolan have separated and will be filing an official divorce soon. There was no doubt, with the gossip running through the office, that the divorce will be nasty considering Cassidy was a money-hungry woman, and Grayson was smart enough to have a prenup instated before they wed. Preventing her from taking up to half his earnings that she so desperately wanted. Thus, an assortment of lawyers were involved, and Y/N was the one to receive the deep end of her boss's foul, nasty moods, which would increase her work activity by running bewildering errands to appease the woman's shopping addiction.

Yes, Y/N is certainly no Cinderella.

Today was a day like any other. Y/N was currently filing a mess of papers Cassidy was to lazy to file in alphabetical order, when a familiar looking man walked in from the elevator. There was an evident frown sketched into his perfectly handsome and chiseled face; his dark hair slick back and from afar she could see a dangling earring from his left ear. The professional navy suit looked particularly delightful on him, and if Y/N didn't know any better, she'd say he was the most attractive man to walk the planet. However, she did know better, because the closer he approached, the more she recognized him.

And he was very off limits.

"Excuse me," Mr. Dolan cleared his throat, stopping at Y/N's desk, who hesitantly looked up at him. Fuck, he was just as intimidating as his wife, if not, more. "Is Cassidy Dolan available right now? It is urgent that I speak to her at this moment."

Y/N glanced at the shut door across the room, and looked back at Mr. Dolan who stared her down with his dark, skin-shuddering eyes. "I'm sorry sir, I believe she's currently in a meeting. I will let her know that you stopped by, or I could send you in right after-"