01 || 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄

- Iɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴜʀᴛʟᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ᴀʀᴇ 17 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ -

****

Just three years ago, Y/n's parents lost their lives in a tragic car accident. The second they got T-boned by the other driver, they didn't feel a thing. And the moment Y/n heard of her parents' death, her whole world came tumbling around her, everything caving in emotionally. She thought she was not going to heal from this insane loss, but with time, she did.

Today, Y/n is thriving with her mother's sister, Jennifer-- or Aunt Jen and Uncle Richard. They have spoiled their niece with love and memorable moments and just supported her through her last years of high school.

Now, the night of the Junior Prom, Y/n met a young man-- or shall we say, mutant in the alley. She was shocked to be meeting someone as unique as Donnie, including his brothers. It's so surreal to be friends with five mutants and she never wants to take them for granted. At first, Y/n was afraid of Donatello, not liking the change so much, but she learned to accept Don for who he is. Just like how she wants to be seen. Accepted.

Their interactions were awkward... socially awkward. Don hardly looked in Y/n's direction and she would take a couple of glances every so often when she was in the lair. The whole reason she is allowed in the lair is that she knows of their existence and even if she did shrug the mutants off, it'd be hard to go on with life knowing they are breathing the same oxygen as her. Y/n wanted to stick around so the leader and the wide rat let her be one of the family.

Y/n was able to be associated with their routines, learn about each brother, growing a different relationship with them. She even grew a grandfatherly-father-like bond with Splinter. If she couldn't talk to her Aunt and Uncle about certain situations, she would go straight to the rat himself where he waited for her presence. Speaking of, he loves having her around-- it gave him someone else to talk to besides his sons. Of course, Splinter adores his sons! But when it came to a young human being trying to find their way through life, Sensei enjoyed helping her navigate.

The young teenager earned so much in just 365 days and she applies life lessons she's learned from the Brothers and Splinter to her life to make things somewhat easier. It has been a wild ride for her.

That was all a year ago.

As she cleaned her room up, tossing dirty socks and shirts into her hamper, Y/n heard faint vibrations coming from her phone that sat on her bed. She picked the device up from her bedspread and reads the name flashing on the screen. "Mikey." She whispers, answering the call and bringing it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, y/n ! Can you be at the lair in ten minutes?" He asked her with urgency.

She mumbled at the question, looking at the digital clock on her nightstand.

- 𝟽:𝟻𝟶 𝙿𝙼 -

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Cool, bye!" Mikey instantly hung up, leaving Y/n confused in the middle of the room.

If the Brothers want Y/n in ten minutes, then she will be there in about nine minutes. "Okay..." Y/n mumbled quietly, shoving the phone into her pocket and grabbing her backpack will of her belongings-- things she thought were essentials; (item #1), (item #2), and (item #3). She's set.

As soon as she exited her room, Y/n is surprised with her favorite flavored cupcake sitting in her Aunt Jen's hand with a dancing flame on a candle wick. "Happy 17th Birthday, Y/n!" She cheered, kissing her niece on her forehead.