~21~

Maya’s POV 

“I’m going to go to the bathroom real quick.” I told Michael. He nodded and I got up and walked down the hall. I opened one of the doors and got met with a closet of blankets and pillows. I closed the door and moved onto the next one I opened the door and I was in the guest room. Geez there is a lot of rooms in this house. I opened another door and got met with a small room of boxes. That’s not the bathroom either. I went to close the door but stopped when I saw a box out of place. I turned at looked at the box and saw a room through the crack of the boxes. I moved the boxes and crawled through; it opened up to a bigger room. I looked around and saw weapons and work out equipment and I got worried. I saw a closet at the other side of the room and I went and opened it and saw black clothes. I walked over to the desk next to it and saw a mask and wrist cuffs. The same ones that The Hidden Hero use. I looked around the room and everything clicked.

Sophie was The Hidden Hero.

She was the girl that saved me.

I felt like I was supposed to be happy that I found out who she was but I wasn’t.

I was mad.

I took the cuff and crawled through the boxes and back to the living room where Sophie was now with the others. She was laughing at something that Louis said; when I walked in she looked up smiling. When she saw what was in my hand her smile dropped.

++++++

Sophie’s POV

When Maya came in with the cuff I knew she figured out who I am, and I was scared. She looked really mad and I was afraid of what she was going to say.

“Care to explain this?” Maya asked eyebrows raised. Everyone else in the room looked up, seeing Maya with the cuff and looked at me wide eyed.

“I-I um” I stuttered 

“You’re The Hidden Hero?” she asked. I looked at her opening my mouth to respond but no words came out. I closed my mouth looking down and nodded.

“So you know everything?” she asked. I nodded.

“Wait! Sophie, what is she talking about?” Liv stopped.

“She um she was-“I stuttered, but got interrupted.

“I’m the freak girl who tried committing suicide Saturday” Maya voice rising slightly. I looked up at her quickly.

“Maya you are not a freak girl” I told her sternly.

“Of course you would say that you don’t want to ‘break’ me, huh is that it?” she asked almost yelling.

“No, I’m not just saying that you’re a great girl you’re far from a freak.” I told her.

“So this whole ‘friendship’ was out of pity wasn’t it?” she asked quoting friendship.

“No this friendship is sincere; you’re a fun girl who I genuinely want to be friends with.”

“Sure, I bet your mom and dad didn’t die either, you just said that to get me off the bridge.” She said coldly. I looked at her with wide eyes watering slightly. She was accusing me of lying about my parents. I could feel Zayn tense next to me; I could see Liv glaring at Maya getting ready to pounce.

“Why would she lie about something like that?!?!” Liv screamed standing up and glaring at Maya, I was silently crying on the couch. The boys were looking at the fight unfolding in front of them.

“She wanted to get me down from the bridge. I don’t know. She wanted to find something in common with me so I would feel like we connected.” Maya said raising her voice to match Livy’s.