𝑿𝑰

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆. With a jolt, she remembered that last night, Roman had snuck into her bed and the two had fallen asleep in each other's arms. She forced herself up onto her elbow, craning her neck to look around camp. She spotted Roman back in his bed, a tired expression on his face; he had obviously woken up early in the morning and crept back to bed, so nobody would see him and Lana cuddled up together. She felt slightly guilty, hoping he wasn't too exhausted - but at the same time, she also missed the warmth of his body pressed up against hers.

There was a mix of joy and dread in camp that morning, as it was announced that everybody from Main Camp would be taking part in a Bushtucker Trial with the aim of reuniting with the others in the Jailhouse. There was the familiar feeling of fear in the pit of Lana's stomach, but she was excited to see everybody else, and it would be nice to get out of camp for a while.

Everybody had completed the trial without a single complaint. The celebrities had to hold insects in their mouths for 60 seconds, and every three people who did this successfully would be able to release one of the outlawed celebrities. Lana was up first with a stick insect. It was hardly pleasant; she could feel its tail tickling the inside of her mouth, its horrible legs moving against her chin as it struggled to free itself. But with the encouraging shouts and cheers and cries of her name from the other celebs, she managed to keep the insect clamped between her lips for the full minute.

Some people had truly horrible insects - Lana felt a surge of fear at the huntsman spider that splayed its long legs across Ian's face. But everyone was incredibly brave and all the stars were won, meaning the other celebrities were freed and they would all be eating tonight. As they walked back to Main Camp, Roman whisked Lana behind a tree to snatch a quick kiss, before joining everyone else a minute or two later.

Lana was overjoyed that everybody was together once again. Camp bustled with activity as people gushed with stories of horrible things they'd faced and pleasant experiences they'd enjoyed. Kate, who Lana had been particularly worried about, looked tired but happy. Jacqueline and Myles seemed closer than ever, and Lana was finally able to meet the new campmate, Andy, for the first time.

A further surprise came later when it was time to elect a new camp leader. The celebrities had all gone into the Bush Telegraph to vote, and Lana was surprised to hear her name called at least twice. She was unsurprised, however, when James was announced victorious by a landslide. She herself had voted for him, as the most sensible and dependable member of the camp. He just emanated leadership and she was confident that he would ensure a happy, productive camp.

As if the day couldn't get any better, after a lovely 12 star dinner, James returned to camp with a large brown sack in his hands. Sitting down at the red velvet leader's chair that had been installed when they had returned from the trial, he announced that tonight, everybody who had not previously received their luxury items would now do so.

Caitlyn grinned in delight as James handed her a small brown box. Her luxury item was moisturiser, and Lana knew that she needed this to sleep well and feel hydrated in the morning. Ian had requested a song to be played, and everybody leapt to their feet as it began to play from unseen speakers somewhere in the trees. A wide smile spread across Lana's face as Roman grabbed her hand, twirling her energetically in time to the music.

Andy had got lip-balm that everybody could use to soothe their chapped lips. Nadine unwrapped a hairbrush, which she immediately coaxed through her long blonde hair. Andrew was delighted with his inflatable chair, and James looked instantly more relaxed as he unwrapped the soft pillow that would ease the pain in his neck at night. Jacqueline instantly burst into happy tears as she produced a large pillow printed with multiple pictures of her children, and everybody applauded as she hugged it to her chest.