𝑿𝑿

a longer chapter this time everyone! enjoy. x

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍-𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅. Of course the bitter sadness of yesterday still lingered; last night had been the first night she'd slept alone for over a week, and it was strange not having Roman's warm body pressed comfortably next to hers. But Myles' words of comfort yesterday had brought her at least some reassurance.

"Morning, Nadine," she yawned, leaning on her elbows to peer over at Nadine. "Did you sleep well?"

"Morning Lana," Nadine beamed sleepily. "I did, thanks. Did you?"

"Actually, yeah," Lana nodded, making the effort to smile.

"Oh, good," said the blonde. "I'm glad you're feeling better today."

Lana swung her legs out of bed, grabbing her boots and pulling them onto her feet. Kate had already started making breakfast, and shortly Ant and Dec would be walking into camp to reveal who would be leaving today. Lana neither wanted to leave or stay - she wouldn't mind whatever happened. It was quite a nice position to be in.

Myles walked past her hammock as she laced up her boots, making his way down for breakfast. He paused as he passed, leaning down to tap Lana softly on the chin. "Chin up today," he murmured encouragingly with a smile.

Lana made an effort to join into the conversation at breakfast, and she was received warmly by her other campmates, who seemed happy to see her feeling a bit better. She refused to acknowledge Roman, but luckily nobody else noticed. And by the time Ant and Dec arrived into camp, she was ready for them.

"Good morning, celebrities!" Ant called as he and Dec came to a stop in front of them.

"The public have been voting for the celebrities they want to keep in the camp. The person with the fewest votes will leave today," Dec read out.

"So, in no particular order... Jacqueline - the public have decided, it's not you."

"James, it's not you."

"Kate... it's not you."

"Cliff, it might be you." Lana looked over at Cliff with a sympathetic smile, as Andy patted his shoulder.

"Nadine. It's not you."

"Myles, it's not you."

"Andy. It's not you."

"Roman... it's not you."

"Caitlyn, it's not you."

"Lana," said Dec. She watched him with a wry smile, wondering what the verdict would be. "It's not you."

"Which means - Ian, it might be you."

Lana glanced at Ian in shock. Ian could be snappy and impatient, but he was a central part of the camp and she would be very sorry to see him go.

"It's between Ian and Cliff," said Ant, his voice excruciatingly calm. "The second person to leave I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2019, is... Cliff."

"Thanks Cliff, get yourself ready and we'll see you across the bridge in a couple of minutes."

"We're gonna miss ya," said Caitlyn, standing up to embrace Cliff. The actor was smiling - no, beaming - widely, and it was with happiness that he hugged everybody goodbye. It was a shame to see anybody go, but Lana felt glad for Cliff; he had been wanting to go home for a couple of days now, and this way he wouldn't be separated from his family any longer.