Typical Girls

I ran my hand through my light brown hair, trying to loosen a small knot as the history teacher rambled on. It was already fourth period, right after lunch. I only had two more classes to go before I got to go home. But, I also had to explain the black substance to Nick.
"Lamia!" He bellowed from the front of the class, causing me to jump slightly.
"This isn't a hair salon, pay attention!"
"Yes, Mr. uh..."
"Lempke."
"Whatever," I mumbled.
Some of the girls around me snickered. One of them kept attempting to pass Nick a small note, but he continued to refuse it.
~~Later On~~
The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I stood up from my seat and went to meet with Nick at my locker.
As I got closer to my locker, I could see Nick was already there waiting.
"Hey!" He said.
"He-" I tried saying, but then ended up face first on the hard, dirty floor.
The group of girls that snickered at me earlier stood behind me laughing as I stood up. The laces on my combat boots had been tied together! It was no surprise who had tied them, though.
I bent down and untied my shoelaces, and tied them properly again.
"Sorry about them. They're such typical girls," Nick rolled his eyes as I got my bag from my locker.
"I mean not that you're not a girl I mean-"
"Don't get your panties stuck in a knot!" I laughed.
"I'm not any typical girl, I assure you. I'd rather play Call of Duty than get makeovers with friends!"
"Good to know," He chuckled.
We walked out of the building together, and out into the crisp November afternoon. Sitting under a tall maple tree were the group of girls. One of them stood up and walked towards us.
"Sorry about tying up you're boots, mate." She said in an Australian accent.
"Name's Bleu. Them girls are so controlling sometimes!" Bleu had long blond hair and wore a 5 Seconds of Summer tank top.
"I'm Lamia. Or Mia for short."
"My name is Nick."
"Bleu! What are you doing talking to those... those peasants!" Another girl said from the tree.
"Coming! It was nice to meet you two. See me if ya need anything," Bleu went back to the group of girls.
"She seems nice," I said, walking down the road with Nick.
"I guess," He replied.
"Now, how about telling me about the... uh, black blood?"