Major Turn- Around

Jacob's Pov:

     Pendal didn't even come to school..... I was with Ray, Chresanto, and Craig. "Oh so now that your girlfriend is missing, you wanna hang with us now?" Ray said. "Ray, man, chill, Jacob is hurt." Prod said. "He never talks to us, so why should we talk to him? Because Pendal is missing?" "RAY, I said chill dude. He's still our friend. We've all been PW before. Cut him some slack." Prod said. Ray rolled his eyes and walked off. "Where you going?" Chresanto asked. "I don't know" he said, walking away. Why was Ray so upset with me. How come everybody all of a sudden hates me? What did I do? "We'll see you later, Jacob. Hey, keep ya head up, son... she'll come around." Prod said, as they all walked off. I turned around and started hitting my head against a locker, trying to figure out where I went wrong this time. Then, that new girl, Misty turned up behind me. "Hi there" she said. "Hey" I mumbled. "Why the long face?" She asked. Who says that anymore? "Oh nothing, just.....tired, I guess." I said. "Lies.....you wanna talk about it?" She asked. "Talk about what? I just said I was tired." I snarled. She made a stink face. "Fine then.....give me the high blood pressure with all that salt." I laughed a little bit, but I didn't let her see. She turned me around, and looked me in my eyes, deeply for about 10 seconds. "Who is Pendal?" She asked. WAIT...... "How do you know about Pendal? You just got here." She stared at my eyes for about another 20 seconds. "Was that your girlfriend? Did she leave you?" She asked. Okay.......freaky..... "How are you doing this" I asked. "Im just.........special" she said. No lie... the girl was beautiful.....not that I liked her. She was medium heighth, lightskinned, and medium length, brown, curly hair. Her eyes.... they were this natural hazel. You can get lost in them... not that I was. "Special?" I asked.. "Yes...........Special." She said as she walked off. What just happened? I decided to just walk down the hallway, and ended up running into Zennie. "Hi!" She said. "Oh.... Hey." I said. Her face turned. "Whats wrong?" She asked. God, I was tired of this question. "Don't even worry about it..... It looks like you don't want to answer that. How bout be ditch this hell hole and go get some Ice cream" she said. "Yeah, sure, thats fine." I said. I was down for leaving. We left out and got in my car. When we got in all she did was stare at me the whole time, and I felt hella awkward.

 We were sitting at a table outside at a ice cream place across the street from our school. "So how about that project Mr. Mason assigned us? Wanna work on it together?" She said. Mr. Mason was our Art teacher. He wanted us to go to a Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco. That was a 6 hour drive. "Hello? You down for the trip?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm down. Long drive though." She gave me a look. "You seem to have a lot on your mind.." She said. "I do..... but Its not important. Don't worry about it. You like your Ice cream?" I asked, trying to avoid this conversation. "Yeah, its fine, I guess. When do you want to leave for SF?" ..." What's tomorrow?" ..."Friday" ... "After school tomorrow. Aren't we off Monday." ...."Yeah, something about teacher meetings or some other shit." she said. "Perfect. Three day trip." ......

Pendal's Pov

    I woke up in an empty room. Daniel had left, but I didn't know where he went. So I decided to just sit there and wait. About 20 minutes later he came back in. "Where were you?" I asked. "What are you, my wife now? Don't worry about where I been." He said. "You know you never really told me whats going on, why we are here, how all this started, and why were two giant, Mr. Clean looking men were chasing us. Im just sitting here, in this hotel room, looking like a dumb broad." I said. "I was trying to keep all of this a secret so you wouldn't worry." "Well, its not helping.....still worried." I gave him a look. "Look, I owed a guy some money, and we got into a little argument.... and now people are after me, so just lay low okay." He said. "How are they gonna find us? We're 6 hours away." I asked. "He got people everywhere...." "He?" "Just.......He...." His voice gave me chills from the seriousness in his tone. I didn't want to ask any further questions. "Okay...." I said, knodding my head. "Good girl." He said, sitting next to me. "Have you talked to Jacob?" He asked, putting his arm around me. I started to feel more comfortable around him like this, but I still felt like Jacob was my boyfriend. "No..... I didn't. Why?" "I was just asking.....Just making sure I wasn't losing your heart...." He never gained it in the first damn place. "What makes you think you have my heart." I asked. He looked at me and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back. I know. It was wrong. He pulled back. "See, you kissed me back." "That doesn't mean anything." I said. "Oh, but it does...... I know you love me...." He said. I most certainly did not love him..... or do I? "You love me don't you?" "Just shut up." I said, kissing him again. Then someone had knocked on the door, and he quickly stopped kissing me. "Hey......don't move." He said. He looked in the drawer and got his gun. He opened the door slowly and looked around. There was nothing but a box, sitting on the ground. He picked it up, and hurried to shut the door, and locked it. "What is that?" I asked. "I don't know..... but I'm afraid to open it...." He said. "Do you want me to?" I asked. "No, baby, I got this." He slowly opened the box. There were pictures....a lot of pictures. Of me......and Daniel. Old pictures from when we were little, and some pictures of Daniel's mom....... her funeral pictures, and pictures of her holding him as a child. Who ever was doing this was hitting him where it hurt. Tears started to come down his face. I sat behind him and laid my chin on his shoulder, and wrapped my arms around him, just for comfort. He looked more than hurt..... he looked destroyed. Under all of the pics were more pics. Of me and Jacob entering San Francisco.... and some of Daniel just walking around. His eyes grew wide. "They know where we are......." He said. His voice was still kind of cracked from the crying. God, what did I get myself into. He turned around and face me, with tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Pendal. I should've never brought you into this...." In my mind I was thinking, "no kidding".... but instead of saying that, I just kissed him.....deeply. Who knows..... this might be my last time seeing him. He wrapped his arms around me, and climbed on top of me, kissing me harder. I guess we were both thinking the same thing.