Chapter 3: Staying Together

Morning came. The clock displayed 8:21 AM and I woke up. Schmitty was snoring away. "Not a morning person, eh? Heh." I thought to myself. I got up and stretched as I headed to the kitchen. I unwrapped a granola bar and began eating it when Schmitty came into the room in his pajamas. God he looks cute in those pajamas. "Mornin' handsome!" I said. "Wanna granola bar?" "Sure." he said and grabbed one out of the box on the counter. After we finished eating, I was kind of sad. I knew Schmitty would be leaving this morning. "You know, I'm really gonna miss you." I said, gathering his bags. "I am too." he said. "...but if you want to, I can stay. I'll just have to go get my other things." "You'd really do that?" "Yes. If you want me to." "Yes, you can. I absolutely want you stay here with me." "Ok. If that's what you want. I'll be back in about an hour." When he left, I did a happy dance. My cat, Muffin, was most likely in disapproval. I waited excitedly by the front desk. When he came back in, I rushed over to hug to him. He brought some sort of cage with him. "What's in there?" I asked, pointing to it. "Oh, those are quiplashers. I'm taking care of them because they don't really have a home per say." "Oh that's fine. As long as they behave they're welcome here." "Thanks, [REDACTED]." He was unpacking his stuff when I came into the room, standing there smug. He looked at me and laughed. "What are you doing?" I chuckled and locked the door behind me. I would tell you what happened next, but that would be TMI if you know what I mean. Anyways, that's the story of how me and Schmitty got together. Now if you excuse me, I have another guest to help.