chapter one.

disclaimer. this book is from jaeden's pov.

It was later afternoon when i had awaken. The sky was clear and birds were chirping. Stretching i reached over to my phone on my bedside table pulling it out from the charger. I began to check any messages.

Nothing much just the usual from everyone deciding to spam the group chats as usual. They have probably been up for hours before me talking about things i could only imagine.

I clicked through instagram. Responding to some comments and occasionally dm's. I'm still surprised so many people think i'm relevant. I haven't acted in awhile. But i'm set to be in a new film.

I then swapped apps to imessage where i clicked on my chat with y/n. I quickly typed and sent off a message.

good morning love.

I quickly got a response back.

morning sleepy head. how are you?

i'm alright, just a tad tired.

you were asleep for like nearly
the whole day. how are you tired??

you know me how i am you goose

true true, i miss you

i saw you yesterday

if you think about it yesterday
was a long time ago jaebear

that's true, i'll stop off later

i love you so much
i love you more.

impossible.

it's not because i'm sure of it

you are more than i deserve sometimes

i love you see you soon.
seen 3:45pm

I clicked my phone close and placed it onto my nightstand once again. I got out of bed where i fixed the covers and opened the blinds. Thankfully light didn't shine through and blind my face.

I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled a jumper out where i slipped it over my shoulders. It was weirdly cold for this time in the afternoon but what can you say about it.

I walked out of my room making my way into the kitchen. No one was home. Well my mother wasn't at home. She was probably at work or maybe out with one of her friends catching up.

I could maybe go buy some flowers for y/n. The florist isn't that far and it seems to be a good day for a walk either way.

Grabbing some bread i chucked it into the toaster before turning on the kettle and waited for the water to boil. As soon as the toast popped out i began to chew on it as i drank the hot water from a mug.

Placing the dishes into the sink i lightly rinsed them before making my way back into my room. I grabbed some clothes to wear out and then made my way into my bathroom.

Hopping into my shower i felt the warm water flow down my back. It was quite relaxing and honestly something i just needed. After a couple of minutes or so i pulled me out where i then dried myself and put my clothes on. Nothing too fancy. Not today at least.

After i fully clothed myself i walked back into my room where i grabbed my phone, house keys and some money for my trip. I didn't need much.

I pulled out my phone once again where i decided to take a photo for instagram. Notifications began to fill my phone after i had just posted the photo seconds ago.

Walking out of the house and locking the door behind me i began to look around town. It town seemed quieter than normal. Not many kids seemed to roam the streets even when it was a weekend. There were little people going outside but they must just be enjoying their time inside.

Or perhaps everyone was stuck inside doing chores. Maybe it was because it is late noon. I'll never know i guess.

After half a hour or so of walking i had finally reached the shopping strip of the town. Walking down the street i reached the florist shop. 'Flowers for all' and pushed the door to walk inside.

There were many flowers to chose from but one bouquet caught my eye. The flowers were red, pink, yellow and orange and it looked like a sunset but in flowers and it was truly beautiful. At that moment i knew it was what i had to get her. The one i believed she would truly love. I purchased them and thanked the florist before turning around and exiting the store.

Walking down main street i realised how convenient it actually was that we lived on the same street. There was no hassle involved with me having to go across town or anything.

At the big crosswalk i took my time as there weren't any cars or vehicles within my sight. But all of the sudden I did manage to hear a frantic and quite panicked voice, "Sir! Sir! There's a car coming!"

Turning my head in panic i turned towards the road. Where the car was coming from and before i knew it.

All i saw what's a white light.

| THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY |