"A Match into Water"

"A Match Into Water" (Chapter One):

I could hear my brothers Vic and Mike playing with their band out in the living room. Okay, they weren't playing but they were writing a new song for their new album Collide with the Sky. Currently, the song they were working on had the beginning part.

I was trying to sleep because I have a wicked hangover, but I guess that won't be happening. I get it though. Vic and Mike enjoy making music and I enjoy listening to their music. I mean, Pierce the Veil is a big band. All though they do get hate, but their fans are so fucking loyal that it's hard to believe.

I end up getting out of bed and go to take a shower. I was about to open my bedroom door when I realized I had very little clothing on and no clothes to put on after my shower.

'Ugh, why?" I whine to myself. I walk over to my dresser and rummage through all of the drawers to find five to six things that I will need in order to be considered dressed.

I already have a bra and some panties along with a pair of socks when I finally find a shirt that I would actually enjoy wearing. It's a My Chemical Romance shirt that says "In Memory of Helena" with a tree on it. It's one of my favorite shirts because My Chemical Romance is one of my favorite bands of all time.

I toss my shirt, bra, panties and socks onto my bed as I look for some jeans. I have so many pairs of jeans, that I have no clue what ones to wear. I have to find someone to help me, so I find some clothes to put on and walk out to the living room to see Vic, Mike, Jamie and Tony. Vic's singing while Mike is playing his drum set and Jamie is playing bass and Tony is playing guitar.

"Hey." I say to them all, but they can't hear me because they're playing loudly. I sigh and flinch at the same time because the loud music doesn't help with my pounding headache from the hangover.

"Hey, quiet the fuck down!" I yell and immediately regret it. I feel like my head is about to explode and I think I'm going to throwing up all over Vic. I close my eyes and I can hear Tony and Jamie put down their guitars. I can also hear Vic's footsteps.

"Carly? You okay?" I could hear Vic ask me as I felt someone's hands go under my knees and behind my head. I opened my eyes and saw Mike carrying me back to my bedroom. Vic, Jamie and Tony were all in tow behind Mike and I.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just having a hangover. Hey, Tony? How's your guys' new song going?" I ask Tony as Mike lays me on the bed and rushes out of the room. Tony chuckles at me.

"Yeah, it's going pretty good. Its called "A Match Into Water" and we're almost finished with it." He tells me and I feel myself smiling. I look at Vic, who has a look of terror on his face. I frown.

"Vic?" I say and I see him flinch. He must have been in a thought and I guess I pulled him out of the thought. "Can you guys play the song a bit? Or maybe you could just sing for me?" I ask him. I know he'll do it because he always does whatever I ask.

And I don't mean that in a bitchy way. I mean that he'll do whatever for me because I'm his little sister. He'd do anything to keep me happy. And Mike would too. Actually, one time in tenth grade in high school, I was dating this guy, Jeff, and he cheated on me. Vic and Mike found out because Jeff was in the same grade as Mike and they were good friends.

But anyway, Mike told Vic and they went to school and humiliated him. They told everyone that he got the clap from the bitch Darla and they both punched him. Let's just say that I haven't had a boyfriend since.

"Yeah, sure Carly. Um, I'll just sing and Jamie and Tony can grab their acoustics and we'll play it for you." Vic said as he leined down to kiss my forehead. Vic walked out of the room to help Jamie and Tony, but Mike came back into my room.

"Here. Take this and drink this whole glass okay?" He handed me two aspirin and a glass of water. I rolled my eyes and sat up. I put the aspirin in my mouth and chugged the about half of the glass of water. Mike laughed a bit.

"Thirsty, are we? Here, move over." He pushed me over the the left a bit so he could get into the bed as well. I laid my head down on Mike's chest and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Mikey, I love you. You're an amazing big brother, and so is Vic. I'm so happy to call you two my brothers" I told Mike. He kissed my head and squeezed me. In walked Vic, Jamie and Tony. They all found somewhere to sit. Vic looked up and smiled at me.

"Okay, Carly. You ready?" Vic asked me and smiled a bit more. I nodded my head. Jamie and Tony started to play and Vic began to sing.

"I kissed the scars on her skin.

I still think you're beautiful.

And I don't ever want to lose my best friend.

I scream out, 'God, you vulture, bring her back.

Or take me with her.'

Tear it down, break the barricade

I want to see what sound it makes

I hate this flavor with a passion and I fucking hate the aftertaste

How does it feel?

How does it feel? Well it feels like I'm on fire!

Wake up, I know you can hear me.

Make me a promise here tonight, love like a tidal wave

Dreamless in early graves, I never want it to be this way

The chemicals will bring you home again

This is it, when it's done, we can say that,

When it's sudden death we fight back

Oh, yeah

Pretend like I don't entice you

I've seen you circling the sky above my head

You traitor

I will never be taken for granted again

Keep digging holes in the desert

Say a prayer for you

I know that you're in pain

But if we die at the same time does it still scare you?

Make me a promise here tonight. Let's go!

Dreamless in early graves, I never want it to be this way

The chemicals will bring you home again

This is it, when it's done, we can say that,

Oh my God we're not gonna make it

We will bring the tidal wave

We will bring the tidal wave!

And nothing will remain

She's mine

You stay away from her

It's not her time.

'Cause, baby, I'm the one

Who haunts her dreams at night,

Until she's satisfied.

Make me a promise here tonight, love like a tidal wave

Dreamless in early graves, I never want it to be this way

The chemicals will bring you home again

This is it, when it's done, we can say that,

When it's sudden death we fight back!

Go! Fuck it!" Vic's voice ends and so do the acoustics and I have tears in my eyes.

I wave my hands at Vic, Jamie and Tony to tell them "come over here" and they do. Mike, Vic, Jamie, Tony and I all hug for what feels like forever.

*** THE SONG ON THE SIDE BAR IS THE ORIGINAL SONG, NOT AN ACOUSTIC VERSION.***