Volume 1 Chapter 1: the Hestia familia

Y/n POV

I was in the 5th floor of the dungeon trying to find and save Bell. Five giant ants showed up and I took out Valac and said "bring it on." One tried to bite my stomach but I dodged it and stabbed it in the head and kicked it's body into its friends. I then got out my guns and shot them all once the body dematerialized. I then heard bell screaming and saw him running toward me with blood all over him.

 I then heard bell screaming and saw him running toward me with blood all over him

(He's covered in blood)

He then ran past me and I had to run after him. I caught up with him and said "hey slow the hell down man." He then said "sorry, but I have to ask miss Eina something." I then said "Bell you are one weird guy."

When we got outside the dungeon Bell got a lot of weird looks and I heard someone say "it looks like the rookie made one hell of a rookie mistake." We got to the guild and saw Eina walk out and Bell yelled "Miss Eina I want to know about Ais Wallenstein."

After Bell got the Minotaur blood of of him Eina said "well that was foolish. Going into the fifth floor just with Y/n." I then said "I'm right here you know." She then said "sorry I was just making a point, after all your both just level one. I keep telling you both adventurers don't go looking for adventure." Bell then said "I know, I'm sorry." Eina then said "Bell you have no idea how lucky you are. I mean your only level one and you escaped a run in with a Minotaur." Bell looked bashful and said "I know... but do you know anything about miss Ais or what." Eina then said "miss Ais. You mean Lady Wallenstein that rescued you." Bell then said "yeah." Eina then said "so you've fall for her." Bell then said "maybe." Eina said "Ais Wallenstein she's level five and probably the second or third best swordsman in town. The gods have given her the title of sword princess of aria."

I then asked "who's the first?" She then said "a member of the Apollo familia named B/n... Redgrave." She then realized who he was to me. She then went back to Bell and told him that his chances of getting together with Ais was slim to none and why he can't even if he was good enough. Realizing that he was feeling he was feeling depressed Eina said "you know women tend to like a strong and dependable man, so maybe a stronger you will be able to get her attention." Bell was extremely happy after that and he said "thanks miss Eina, love you." He then ran out happy as can be. I then ran after him and we headed home.

Timeskip to that night

We walked into the abandoned church that was our home. We were greeted by a hug from Hestia.

Bell then said "sorry were home so late

Bell then said "sorry were home so late." Hestia then said "it's fine but look what I brought." She then motioned her hand to show that she brought potato croquettes. Bell asked "since when do you know how to make potato croquettes." Hestia then said "I started to works part time at a diner. Someone ordered to much so he let me take them."

After we ate Bell told her what happened and she seemed super jealous of Ais. She checked his status and continued to talk about Ais with him. His stats were almost the same except his agility went up a bit and he had a skill which was the same as mine. Hestia also knew why he had it and she hid it from him.

She then checked my status. My strength stat increased from 705 to 775, my agility from 800 to 880, and my dexterity from 701 to 751. Hestia then asked me "why do you have that skill Y/n?" I then said "Bell has it because of a girl, I have it because of my family."

Timeskip the next day

We were in the dungeon when a bunch of wolf men showed up so me and Bell attacked them. I cut one in half with Valac and I stabbed another one in the head and ripped it off and a bigger one showed up and tried to attack me, but I dodged it and said "damn Fido I didn't think you hated me this much boy." It tried to take my head off and I jumped back and I said "how about I make it up to you. I'm gonna take you out for a walk, so come on boy let's go." It charged at me and I stabbed it through the heart. More then showed up and I said "well, shit." I then was about to run when I remembered what my brother said to me 6 months ago "your weak brother. That is why you are destined to die by my hands." I have to get stronger no matter what! So I charged at them and I killed them all one by one.

Timeskip to that night

Bell's stats increased dramatically from before, but not as much as mine all of my stats went up a by 100, but this isn't good enough I must get stronger no matter what happens.

B/n POV

I was fighting a Beowulf in the dungeon alone and I decided to end it with Judgement Cut End.

Then it was over without me taking a single hit and it was a total waste of time. Then a ball of light floated down I grabbed it and it became a devil arm.

 Then a ball of light floated down I grabbed it and it became a devil arm

I then said "well this is going to get a little interesting." I then walked home. This wait is almost unbearable, but it'll be worth it once my brother is stronger and will be able to give me a worthy opponent. That moment is almost here I can feel it.