RETURNS AND WORRIES

CHAPTER 36
Returns and Worries

"Dad, you're back!"

Bumblebee scooped Trevor up as he ran out to greet him in the main hangar the next morning. He smiled widely and held his son to his chestplates, grinning, and gently nuzzling him with his helm. "I know, I wasn't supposed to be back until this afternoon," Bumblebee chuckled. "But we actually ended up leaving early, so we arrived late last night," He grinned. "I missed you bud."

"Missed you too," Trevor stated as his father cradled him. "Okay dad, you're getting mushy. Soldiers are staring."

Bumblebee only grinned wider as he noticed that some of the soldiers were indeed staring. Oh well, wasn't it a known fact parents were supposed to embarrass their children sometimes. "Who cares, I'm just happy to have my little buddy back," He told him with a purr of his engines. "I know it was only one week, but it felt like a year," He commented.

Bellow them, Lennox smiled a little, glancing at Epps. "You know, it's kind of adorable," He admitted with a chuckle. "Guy definitely doesn't take his time with his kid for granted," He then added. "I can't wait until I can hold Anna up like that again." He then pointed up at Bumblebee. "Never take that for granted Bee, embarrass him all you can."

"Not helping, Will," Trevor snorted.

"Believe me, I won't," Bumblebee noted. "I plan to do it a lot more."

And to be fair, Trevor didn't really mind as much as he said he did. He loved his dad, and he loved the way that he cherished him. After all, for someone who spent his first five years in the care of a man who hated him he more than appreciated it. It reminded him of just how loved he was. "I guess that's not SO bad," Trevor noted as Bumblebee slowly deposited him on his shoulder.

Bumblebee held him close for another few moments, purring gently before setting him on the ground. Oh yes, it felt good to have his dad back, that much he was certain of. "So, did you guys bag any of the Decepticons?" He questioned, punching at the air playfully. "I bet you kicked a lot of aft, right dad?" He questioned, peering up at him with a grin.

Bumblebee grinned, his doorwings fluttering a bit at his son's excitement. "Oh you know it," Bumblebee told him with a wide grin. "Saved a family too, which made that victory even sweeter!" Trevor grinned back at his father. "And we got ourselves a prisoner who I think we're going to enjoy interrogating. He's a real fragger, no conscious or moral code. I want you to stay away from the brig unless I'm with you until we're done with him, okay?"

Trevor wasn't sure who the Decepticon was, but he was not ignoring Bumblebee's advice this time. Last time, he'd lost his father, and being he was the grandson, this time, it could be him going down. "So, you're pretty sure they know about... Me now?" He asked with a gulp.

"They know, Breakdown even mentioned you," Bumblebee shuddered. "Don't worry though, so far there's nothing to suggest they're after you. At least, we don't think so," He then stared forward, holding up a hand. "Isn't that right, Prime?"

Trevor turned as Optimus approached them, a gentle smile on his face. Trevor immediately ran up, and gave his grandfather a gentle hug around the foot. "I hear you had quite an eventful day yesterday," Optimus noted, and Trevor frowned slightly, even as the mech cupped him with his hand in a hug. "Your grandmother said she was very disappointed," Bumblebee blinked, knowing he'd have to hear this story either. "But your father is right, there is no reason for us to believe they are after you. Not yet, at least."

"Yeah, sorry about that grandpa," Trevor chuckled quietly. "It's good to see you," He added. "Especially with that bit of advice."

Optimus smiled before standing back to his full height, and looking at Bumblebee. He crossed his arms, and looked towards the end of the main hangar. "The fact of the matter is, I am not worried about Trevor," He explained. "Jazz has just spoken to me about becoming Trevor's full-time main bodyguard. While Jolt will be taking responsibilities with the Witwicky family if he so choses, should you approve."