Chapter 8

Back on the ship

"How much longer until we reach Venus?" SRD asked.

"Oh, a few hours. Good thing the Martians have spaceships that are this fast. Back then, traveling to Venus was like a dream."

"Huh... Your technology must've been very bad."

"Compared to the current tech, ye-" The screen suddenly shattered into pieces, with a hole through it.

SRD Immediately turned back, noticing that the Martian was... awake? On top of that, he had a gun too. SRD launched himself up, taking a step back. "Hey- Clam down, Martian. Put the gun down."

"Who the hell are you people?!" The Martian exclaimed, pointing his gun at SRD.

"We're... Non-Martians. We need you to be cooperative wit-"

Another shot was fired at SRD, barely missing him.

"Who are you?! What are you doing on the spaceship?!"

"Okay- please, let me explain, Martian."

The Martian crawled back a little, before nodding to SRD.

"We're from Earth, and we're using your ship to get to Venus."

"W-what?! Why Venus?! Explain!"

"Well, we have to get to Venus. For materials."

"You make no sense, intrud-" The ship suddenly spun around, throwing both The Martian and SRD to the side of the ship, and M's old screen slightly slid to the side. The martian is violently slammed against one of the walls, leading to a blaring thud. Similarly to the Martain, SRD is also launched to the walls, yet he didn't seem too damaged.

The ship rebalanced itself, and M's display booted up. "Go tie him up, he should be knocked out."

SRD wobbled as he stood up, before nodding to M. "Okay. Nice save but warn me next time. What do I tie him with? "

M let out a small hum noise. "You know how he broke the big fancy screen? Try and take a shard from that glass. Pick a sharp one."

SRD walked over to the broken glass pieces on the floor. He picked up a few, turning back to M. "Then?"

"Uh... Those seats have seatbelts, right? Cut it and try to tie him up."

"Okay," SRD responded. walking to the closest seat and starting to cut out the seatbelt. He paused, turning back to M. "It won't cut, it's too elastic. Weird materials." SRD informed.

"Oh... well that ruins our plan. Alright... Uhm... Take his weapons, and check if he has anything else."

SRD checked the martian's body, finding nothing interesting besides for the pistol. "Just the pistol. He also has an odd rectangular device."

"That's bad. You can still move your fingers, right? Well, if he wakes up, threaten him with the gun. Also, toss me that device, I wanna have a look."

"Done." SRD took a seat, pointing the gun at the martian. He briefly turned around to M, tossing over the device to him. He then focused his attention on the martian.

"Won't you get tired like that? You only have to do it when he wakes up..."

"No, I won't. I'm a robot. I'm not designed to get tired. And you don't know if he's faking it."