𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦.

As the sun rays were blasting through his condominium in Europe, he was on his bed, thinking deeply about his loss to his former rival, Yusei Fudo before he decided to redeem his title as King, once and for all.

Though he went daydreaming again, it was about a familiar girl who had trifocal glasses, good shape and a clumsy yet noble personality.

"Carly..."

Yet another hour has passed, his phone rang and checked the caller ID. Goodness, it was just Crow, maybe trying to bug him from his day off or something. He didn't know what could be the reason behind that sudden call. He answered it and put the phone to his ear.

"Yo, Jack! Still trying to redeem that title of yours, huh?"

Jack's eyebrows furrowed at that question. He hated it if someone questioned about his former title, and he gave up on it.

"What makes you think that, birdbrain?" his British accent rang through the phone.

He questioned to himself why he would speak that way but he just shrugged it off instead.

"Nothing there! Also your ¥360 debt for your favorite Blue Eyes Mountain coffee has been paid so there's no worrying there for ya, King of the World," Crow laughed from the other line and it irritated the blonde 29-year old.

As Crow said something that Jack didn't hear quite well, the former King ended the call and tried to take a nap.

* * *

"Jack...! Please wake... up..."

That voice belonged to a certain news intern. She was struggling to her death as her throat was strangled by the man who had the same face as the blonde who was trapped in his dreams for a short amount of time.

Yet, the imposter who strangled Carly wasn't the real Jack Atlas she knew so well in the past 9 years.

The real Jack was running to Carly and truth be told, the girl was only just an illusion. He couldn't touch the news reporter he loved so much, he could see her, yet he couldn't feel her warm hands intertwining over his large ones. And he couldn't do anything about that.