ch.14

Pov.Peter
Wade left a few weeks ago. The jury is still deciding if wade should stay with his mom or with matt.

His mom is argueing that he ran away after a fight with a neighbor. I don't get it. Untill its figured out, he has to stay with his mom.

I neatly put a note on my bedside table, put on my suit, and swing out of my window.

At this point I'm crying and I just need to stop. I'm not sure what to do. I swing up to the tallest building I see.

I sit on the edge of the roof and take off my mask. I run my fingers through my hair and try to calm the tears.

I squeeze the paper in my hand. Its wades note, the one he wrote when he tried to...

I sit there, trying, and failing to stop the tears. Nothing is going the way it should. Wade should be safe.

"Enjoying the view, spiderman?"  I hear a strange voice from behind me. It's like a deep voice and a normal one at the same time.

I turn around and see venom, in the more human like form. I wipe my eyes. "yeah." I say.

I stand up and take a few steps away from the edge. The blackness that formed vemons suit melts away and I see aria.

"wait, you're venom??" I ask, takeing a step back, but not to close to the edge. She nods and shrugs.

I feel myself get dizzy and everything goes dark. "Peter!.." I hear aria yell my name but it fades into silence.

Pov.aria
"Peter!" I yell as I run twords him. By the time I get to the edge its to late. I can't reach him.

Knowing what it will look like when he hits the ground I turn away, and sit on the roof, my back leaning on the small foot tall wall on the edge.

I close my eyes and the entire world fades. I don't hear anything, I don't see anything. I bury my face in my hands and the tears start.

The moment starts to replay in my head over and over again. The way he went limp and flipped over the wall. The way I couldn't run fast enough.

I get snapped out of my daze by a cold hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes and look up. I see iron man, his face plate lifted, he seems worried, or scared.

"I'm so sorry, I tried to catch him and I just, I was to far away, and I could have run faster but i, I just didn't and I," I say, slowly getting frantic. "I couldn't reach him." I say.

He kneels in front of me. "its ok. You tried to save him, and that's good." He says. I don't think it registered yet that his son just died.

As I realize he probably hasn't registered it yet, I begin to imagine how Peter hit the ground.

Everything else fades away and all I see is Peter, mangled and sprawled out, slpattered acros the sidewalk. I want to scream but I can't.

Pov.tony
As I talk to the girl who tried to catch peter, she falls silent, then begins to shake.

I put my hands on her shoulders and talk gently, trying to remember how Steve calms bucky when he has flashbacks.

She looks up at me, with worry, fear, sorrow, shame, and tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, i didn't mean to. I just said hi and he passed out and now he's..." she says, stopping to wipe her eyes. "now he's gone." She says.

"no, no, no! Peter is ok!" I say, leaning back to show peter laying on the roof behind me. She sees him and starts crying a little less.

"I was able to catch him." I say. She  wipes her eyes and smiles. I pick up Peter and fly home. I put him in his bed and tuck him in.

Pov.aria
After iron man took Peter and flew off, I let myself become venom again.

As soon as the parasite wraps itself around me, I feel safe. The adrenaline dies down and I remeber the first time I saw someone die.

I remeber watching my mom jump, and watching her hit the ground. I remeber her giving me a paper. I remeber how my tears smudged the ink.

I remeber the first time I met my dad. I remeber how i thought all of it was a bad dream. I remember how I cried when I found out it wasn't.

I snap back to reality and decide to go home. I swing through the window and let venom melt away.

My dad is asleep on the couch, drunk again. I walk over and pick up all of the bottles and glasses. I put a blanket on him and notice the pills.

I pick them up and read the label. 'jared smith, pain killer, take 1 each hour as needed. Max 5 per day.'

I turn it around in my hand and see that 20 pills were prescribed today, there are 15 pills left in the bottle. I put them high up in the cupboard, where he can't reach. I put a note on the counter.

'if you need the pain killers ask and I will get them down. -aria'

I'm not quite sure if he took some, or sold some. I hope he didn't sell them. My dad worked so hard to give me a good life.

Most people don't see an alcoholic drug dealer and think he would be a good father, but he tries his best.

He does everything for me, he tries to give me a normal life. I'm just glad that he is an overly polite drunk and not a violent one.

I put away the dishes and go to my room. I lay on my bed and try to sleep, but I can't. I lay there for an hour before falling asleep.

A/n sorry if the chapter is short. I wanted to give aria a back story. Basically her mom gave her a note and jumped off of a roof. The note was an address that said 'your father'. The only reason. Areas dad sells drugs is to pay for aria to go to school.